Club V1 and Mixed Tee Competitions

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Currently Club V1 does not carry out the required Mixed Tee adjustments under WHS, though I understand an update was promised last week. Has anyone got a workaround or are we stuck with a manual adjustment.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
There is a webinar on Thursday from Club Systems so maybe it will be covered then?

We have a mixed comp with different tees over the Christmas break so would be interested to know the answer.

wjemather

Visit site
Over the weekend, I received what looks like the same response as people were getting last week: "This issue has been reported by multiple clubs and we should hopefully have a fix released for this on Monday night." Needless to say, it hasn't been fixed.

Also hoping CS expand the range of available formats in ClubV1 to include some of the most commonly used team formats that have WHS and/or CONGU recommended allowances, e.g. best-ball (2 from 3, 3 from 4, etc.).

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Over the weekend, I received what looks like the same response as people were getting last week: "This issue has been reported by multiple clubs and we should hopefully have a fix released for this on Monday night." Needless to say, it hasn't been fixed.

Also hoping CS expand the range of available formats in ClubV1 to include some of the most commonly used team formats that have WHS and/or CONGU recommended allowances, e.g. best-ball (2 from 3, 3 from 4, etc.).

As far as I can see all Better Ball formats are available in V1.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
It looks as if HM were having a similar problem.

wjemather

Visit site
As far as I can see all Better Ball formats are available in V1.
Yes they are included in the Betterball options (wrongly), but what I am after is options pre-configured with the WHS/CONGU recommended handicap allowances (perhaps with an option to customise). Obviously, they also demonstrate the same mixed tee adjustments issue.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes they are included in the Betterball options (wrongly), but what I am after is options pre-configured with the WHS/CONGU recommended handicap allowances (perhaps with an option to customise). Obviously, they also demonstrate the same mixed tee adjustments issue.
Not sure why you feel it is wrong to include them under the better ball option. Agree though it would be nice if the handicap allowances were inserted.

wjemather

Visit site
Not sure why you feel it is wrong to include them under the better ball option. Agree though it would be nice if the handicap allowances were inserted.
Better-ball is simply "1 score from 2", nothing more. It's like including greensomes under foursomes. Am I just being pedantic? Maybe, but there are more generic terms that better describe the range of options.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Better-ball is simply "1 score from 2", nothing more. It's like including greensomes under foursomes. Am I just being pedantic? Maybe, but there are more generic terms that better describe the range of options.
In my view yes as I don't see that it matters as long as you know where to find them.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
It is called Better Ball because it is the better ball of two that counts. Better is a comparative meaning the better of two.
If it was one from three or four that counts the word better could not apply. The correct term would be Best Ball. Best is a superlative meaning the best of more than two.

wjemather

Visit site
It is called Better Ball because it is the better ball of two that counts. Better is a comparative meaning the better of two.
If it was one from three or four that counts the word better could not apply. The correct term would be Best Ball. Best is a superlative meaning the best of more than two.
Precisely.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
It looks as if HM were having a similar problem.

We have run 2 mixed tee competitions using Handicapmaster since WHS and the resumption of golf. One was a Stableford and the other Regular Strokeplay. Both had the correct adjustments applied.

Swango1980

Visit site
Although, extra clarification might be required to some. Otherwise a team player who plays with Top Flites or Donnays may think their score will never be allowed to count, if their partner is using Pro Vs :)

We had a Better Ball open competition once, years ago. I was teeing off in about the 10th group. I heard murmurs on the practice green from another team that we were playing Texas Scramble. I was confused. What had happened was that, our temporary competition secretary at the time thought that Better Ball meant Texas Scramble (because, you always pick the better ball). So, he had explained to some groups that this is what it was, and they went out as 4 man teams and played scramble. Other teams went out and were playing 2-ball better ball (2 teams in each group), as advertised. I pointed to him his mistake, and he had to go out and tell all the teams that were playing Scramble that they were doing it wrong.

You can laugh now :)

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
our temporary competition secretary at the time thought that Better Ball meant Texas Scramble (because, you always pick the better ball).
Apart from his golfing education he needs to improve his grammar education. A three or four man Scramble can't have a better ball, by definition.