Club shirt for matches

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Nothing better than seeing everyone in a uniformed club shirt ready to go into battle 🏌️
I guess this is why the clubs insist on team members wearing one. We play a few local clubs in friendly matches and places like Caversham Heath and Tylney Park always seem to be really co-ordinated in their club shirts and black trousers. As I said before, we have a number of different versions of the match shirt and so it never looks quite right with the team wearing each type. Maybe it's my OCD or I'm overly fastidious but I'd like to get a single design again

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
We have a couple of shirts and a jumper at a reduced price for our vets team. It costs more as we're obliged to buy eggs and ketchup to spill down them to prove we are true vets 😁

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
They’re normally given out for free to team players at all the clubs I’ve been a member at.
Never heard of any club locally doing that. It would be a massive cost each year for the club even if they were to get it discounted. I do feel fortunate though that my club doesn't have different shirts for friendly teams, and competitive teams

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dark blue or black trousers or skirt but we have to buy our own jumper. It is a horrible blue and it cost over £40 at a discounted rate. Represented the club a lot but hardly ever worn the jumper.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Polo shirts are bought from Pro Shop at a discounted rate for those that play in a team. Our scratch shirts were sponsored and free but we've changed to match the club colours and all teams now wear the same which is good. Jumpers are stupid prices so I don't bother!

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Have a bit of ongoing friction regarding this at the moment.

The scratch team want Galvin Green or similar reputable brand as there fed up of paying for poor quality shirts, I'm in this camp I must admit but it's not something I feel strongly enough to get vocal about, I'll wear whatever the club wants.

Seniors in particular are reluctant to spend such a premium, and want to stick with the economical options to hand.

The club wants all teams to be in same colours, same brand etc. and couldn't care less either way but it's somewhat of a stand off between scratch and senior teams at the moment. Quite funny actually listening to grown men debate a bloody shirt brand and makes me wonder how nobody seems to have more pressing concerns or worries in life.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our club sells polos for £30, zip jumpers for £40 I think, but they are also given as prizes in the comps as well. I won the jumper for a comp a while ago. I played in a couple of club matches and they didn't give us the shirts for free, but they also didn't say it was compulsory to wear one anyway, so I wore a normal red polo that I have (club ones are also red), plus my club jumper that I have since it was cold enough for one anyway.

I would not buy the polo for £30 since I know they give them as prizes so my intention would be to win one. Would be annoying if I bought one and then won a comp a few weeks later, lol.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We dont have team shirts, but playing on the common, we have to wear pillar box red tops anyway, so when we face teams at home we're all dressed in the same colours anyway.

Playing away I really dont care what people wear, it's the only time we get a chance to not wear red so I tell the teams they can wear what they want. I'm not precious like that. I know when our ladies play away, however, they are asked to wear their red tops so they are together as a team.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We dont have team shirts, but playing on the common, we have to wear pillar box red tops anyway, so when we face teams at home we're all dressed in the same colours anyway.

Playing away I really dont care what people wear, it's the only time we get a chance to not wear red so I tell the teams they can wear what they want. I'm not precious like that. I know when our ladies play away, however, they are asked to wear their red tops so they are together as a team.
Back in the good old days, we had to buy one from Jeff Jukes with a club badge on the arm and not just any run of the mill pillar box red shirt for club matches. Suffice to say he made a killing

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
When I plaed mixed team or social matches, club shirt was preferred but it was acceptable to wear a white polo instead, seems reasonable for a more social level of match.

Think the A and B scratch teams get given their shirts etc but I am not 100% sure. Not convinced that I like that as an idea. Subsidised would be OK but free is a bit of a drain on club resources.