Club jersey/polo shirt

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
I assume most clubs have a jumper/polo shirt or shirt with their club logo on offer to all of their members. The reason I ask is that our club in the past has not had a club jersey as such on offer before (the Senior's have 1 which they sourced locally, not brilliant quality and a bit pricey for what you get, £50 for jersey and polo shirt) and we have now decided it's high time we did. We don't have a pro shop on site but have managed to secure an account with Callaway and they have agreed to supply us with jerseys (lambswool) and polo shirts, we have decided on a price of £32 for the jersey and £22 for the polo shirt.
Is this a reasonable amount to ask?
How many of you have purchased a club jersey etc and wear it regularly? and who did you purchase it from, pro/general manager etc and last but not least what is the quality like?

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
We use ashworth, glenmuir,Cutter&Buck and Lyle&Scott.
I have a small vnecked Cutter&Buck and to be honest its a great fit but started bobbling a little as i carry my golf bag, the Glenmuir round neck I also have is a size larger but practically drowns me and Im not exactly small.
The Tshirts and Hats are also great quality, golf bags etc are also available.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We use the glenmuir jumpers and they are great even if you carry. As already mentioned the Lyle & Scott ones are terrible for bobbling up as the bag rubs (the only make that seems to do so out of all the makes I own) and given the price is frankly a letdown.

I think the prices you have been quoted are very reasonable. My club charges £40 for a V neck, £45 for a crew neck and £30 for a club polo

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
My club gives the choice of Glenmuir, Cutter and Buck, Lyle and Scott, Ashworth, Callaway or William Hunt (I think that's what it is!) for their logoed clothing merchandise and in general it is all brilliant quality. Quite expensive mind from the pro shop £40-£60 for a decent sweater. Like others as well you can get almost anything with the club logo on it from ball markers to travel bags.

I think it is a good idea though Barb should generate some decent revenue for your club.

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys,
The clothing, even though will be Callaway they are actually provided by Ashworth.
The costing to the members allows us to have a slight mark up for club funds and still keeps the cost to a minimum.
So it's a win, win situation :)