club dispute

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Another ignorant comment by someone who doesn't know the facts. There's a world of difference between someone quietly cursing among his friends & what I once experienced, which was someone shouting obscenities so loudly that he could be heard across two fairways. You may find it hard to believe but there are still people nowadays who don't like to hear swearing. I'm not one of them but I would never swear in front of someone I didn't know in case they were offended. I'm old fashioned enough to think that swearing in front of women is a no no, I can't think of many of our Lady members would appreciate it.

The OP received a letter asking him to explain himself, he ignored it & suffered the consequences. If he follows your advice it's possible he'd find himself banned from every club in the county.

A top post on this matter sir!

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
As a "lady member", I hate it when playing with guys if I sense they are tiptoeing around and not having the same sort of time they'd be having if I wasn't there. Would much prefer to hear swearing.

Plus I can be a bit of a pottymouth at times myself.... :eek:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The guy i was playing with is the handicap secutuary apparently no one likes playing with him as he is a grumpy ****
He never said anything to me on the day just reported me
When i received the letter i took no notice thought it a joke escalleted from there cos i never replied to letter
There was no need to tell him that to his face though... :D

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As a "lady member", I hate it when playing with guys if I sense they are tiptoeing around and not having the same sort of time they'd be having if I wasn't there. Would much prefer to hear swearing.

Would that be in the vernacular FD?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Surprise surprise

Your right though shouldn't really change who you are.
Teegirl I apologise now:D

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Another ignorant comment by someone who doesn't know the facts. There's a world of difference between someone quietly cursing among his friends & what I once experienced, which was someone shouting obscenities so loudly that he could be heard across two fairways. You may find it hard to believe but there are still people nowadays who don't like to hear swearing. I'm not one of them but I would never swear in front of someone I didn't know in case they were offended. I'm old fashioned enough to think that swearing in front of women is a no no, I can't think of many of our Lady members would appreciate it.

The OP received a letter asking him to explain himself, he ignored it & suffered the consequences. If he follows your advice it's possible he'd find himself banned from every club in the county.

This :thup: MIB,the perfect reply nothing else to be said...

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The guy i was playing with is the handicap secutuary apparently no one likes playing with him as he is a grumpy ****
He never said anything to me on the day just reported me
When i received the letter i took no notice thought it a joke escalleted from there cos i never replied to letter

That's some next level bull faeces. Seems like there's no trial or requirement for evidence at your club. Or perhaps we aren't being told the entire story.

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It seems that the guy the OP played with was offended by the on course swearing and reported the OP. Whether we think that's OTT or not, the club responded and wrote the to OP to invite him to put his side. The OP ignored this. Why he'd think it was a joke is a mystery as I'd personally respond to any correspondence, and if I wasn't sure why it had been sent, at least call the club for confirmation. As the OP failed to respond and attend the club made a decision in his absence. Again, whether you feel the punishment is excessive is a different matter.

I would think should the OP decide to leave and stop the DD's the club may make life difficult locally for the OP to move, especially if the county gets involved and I wonder if the handicap could be suspended. I know that any members that stop payment by DD at my club are pursued for the remaining balance for the years subscription and this is clearly laid out in the terms and conditions members sing when setting the DD up.

I wonder if we are getting the full story. I know some obnoxious members at my club that are sticklers for the rules and could be offended by the smallest thing on and off the course and will report it in minute detail, but swearing is a new one. I am sure there is more than this than being told and I wonder if words were exchanged.

As it stands, the OP clearly has several options. He can write in, appeal and hope the club will sit with him in attendance, he can plead his case and the punishment is suspended or reduced. He can go off to pastures new, but the club may be difficult, especially if he holds payments back. He can suck it up, sit it out and come back and try and pick up from where he left off. Personally I'd begin with the first option but as I say, depends on the circumstances behind this. All rather strange though

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Things like this happen and they try to blame slow play for declining memberships 
Cmon mate tell us the full story theres got to be more to this than "aw, crap that was a poor drive"

It was 'shucks' actually... :rofl:

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Where did the OP state that the letter he received was inviting him to a disciplinary meeting?

Several posters have made assumptions to this effect and based their responses on their assumptions. Could be correct assumptions... but they are assumptions nonetheless.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Where did the OP state that the letter he received was inviting him to a disciplinary meeting?

Several posters have made assumptions to this effect and based their responses on their assumptions. Could be correct assumptions... but they are assumptions nonetheless.

Agree, why some don't read posts properly and then go on to comment always amazes me.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk

It's irrelevant. He received a letter & ignored it. What was the Committee supposed to do?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

Agree, why some don't read posts properly and then go on to comment always amazes me.

My reading of the situation from the OP's posts is that he received a letter from the club. He ignored this and went on to say that it escalated from there. It's a very reasonable assumption that the club set out their view and expected a response to confirm or deny what went on. The refusal to respond then left the club with little option but to proceed in the absence of any defence to the "alleged" offence.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My reading of the situation from the OP's posts is that he received a letter from the club. He ignored this and went on to say that it escalated from there. It's a very reasonable assumption that the club set out their view and expected a response to confirm or deny what went on. The refusal to respond then left the club with little option but to proceed in the absence of any defence to the "alleged" offence.

Exactly. The letter no doubt would have contained the relevant information as to what it was about and given it was escalated upon non-attendance and that it was a disciplinary matter is clear. Can't see why people think that is such a huge assumption especially as the outcome was a ban. What else could the letter have been about?

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ye gods. You lot are so gullible and predictable. :rolleyes:

A "newby" comes on, baits the hook, casts, and reels you all in while sitting back and having a good laugh. You're arguing about what he did/didn't post, what he should/shouldn't have done, what might/mightn't have been in the letter, etc, etc.

And no, it wasn't me.

There again, I'm quite happy for the OP to come back on and actually give some proper information about this "incident" and prove me wrong.

Last edited: