club dispute

harkinsr9

Visit site
hi

I have been suspended from my golf club
I'm not allowed to enter comps or use the practice facilities or play any golf at the course, I can't login to their website or log in to howdidido.com which is linked to their website but the club still want me to pay the monthly fees.
my question is do I have to comply or can I refuse to pay

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any suspension should have to be covered in the clubs constitution and will also cover disciplinary procedures. You should have been made aware of this when you joined but most certainly when you were suspended.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
They must feel that you've done something pretty serious and, without a clue as to what they are taking this action for, I doubt anyone can give you proper adivice.

D

Deleted member 23270

Did you ask the captain if you could play through? :whistle:

harkinsr9

Visit site
I got suspended 3 months for swearing on the course
I dont want to pay my fees over the next 3 months which amounts to nearly £400 and yet i cant even use the practice area

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I got suspended 3 months for swearing on the course
I dont want to pay my fees over the next 3 months which amounts to nearly £400 and yet i cant even use the practice area
Suspended for swearing?!? Where the hell are you a member? Surely there must be more to this

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Blimey, I'd have the course to myself if that was the case at my place.

I guess the question is do you want to stay there? If so you may have to suck it up. Perhaps try to negotiate a reduction for the duration.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
We all swear on the course, so I guess that yours was a high volume one or the wrong people were around at the time.

Whatever , I think you have 2 options.

Do the time, accept the punishment, keep paying and try and pick up where you left off.

Or

Stop paying and find another club, but don't expect a glowing reference from your current club.

Think it all depends on whether it was a fair cop Guv, or if you think you have been unfairly treated.

U

User62651

Doubt you'll be able to say but if you can did you swear at yourself with a duff or missed putt or was it a tirade at a fellow member or passing member of the public etc?
Without that info not sure we can comment but a 3 months bad and associated equivalent costs is a sore one.

Maybe they should just have a swear jar in the clubhouse where proceeds go to charity.

harkinsr9

Visit site
The guy i was playing with is the handicap secutuary apparently no one likes playing with him as he is a grumpy ****
He never said anything to me on the day just reported me
When i received the letter i took no notice thought it a joke escalleted from there cos i never replied to letter

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
3 month ban for swearing? I don't think I know anyone at my club that wouldn't be banned. I'd be banned by about the second hole.

Assuming of course you mean saying a swear word or two having hit on off line shot, as opposed to swearing at someone. The latter is a little different, and depending on context I could see how a ban could arise, even then, 3 months is excessive!

Personally, if I felt like I had been treated unfairly I would be leaving. I'd probably want to exhaust the appeals options available to me, but regardless of the outcome, I couldn't imagine wanting to hand over the thick end of £1k per annum (or more) to an institution that I felt had treated me unfairly.

U

User62651

The guy i was playing with is the handicap secutuary apparently no one likes playing with him as he is a grumpy ****
When i received the letter i took no notice thought it a joke escalleted from there cos i never replied to letter

Sounds like an accusation with no proof. His word against yours is insufficient to warrant the punishment. I'd challenge this all the way to court if needs be, ridiculous state of affairs. Guy sounds like a charmer...not.:confused:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd lodge an appeal. Even at this late stage you have a right to put your side of the story to the club.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site

You can also get in trouble for swearing on here or swearing with asterisks
Just sayin
As you are new 👍