Club Cleaning

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Is this one step too far to give the clubs a quick once over with a buffer. Took 10 mins to get it from / to this. Never touched the grooves, just the bits that where shiny when I got them 2 years ago.

9EC52E11-A4FC-468F-B72A-1F0FEC268AD4-1398-00000071F12CDB83.jpg

69E46E41-C4F2-44A1-AF64-F3873497BDC0-1398-00000071F6237D0A.jpg

Last edited:

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lovely, they will be perfect for chopping wood!!!!

The 3 iron could do with some buffing, to get the nasty black finish off!!! ;)

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i now clean my clubs in the bath after me EVERY round. its not that much of a hassel since i only play once a week at the minute.

up until recently it was about once a year!

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning clubs...I even give them a wipe down after visiting the range, and always after every round.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning clubs...I even give them a wipe down after visiting the range, and always after every round.

why... ? whats the point? I'm not having a go, I just don't understand

To me they are just tools like any other, I don't wipe my hammer down after i've banged in a nail, and it doesn't have a little plastic coat when it sits in my tool box.

I'll wipe them down and clean the grooves when they are muddy, I did clean them once before a round and on reflection thought 'there's 10 mins of my life I won't get back':confused:

maybe if they were hand crafted Japanese forgings, but to borrow Swingers description, they are 'made of indestructible weapons grade steel, the kind of stuff they make bomb shelters from'

a bit of dirt won't hurt them !!:thup:

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Like I said, OCD. Nevertheless, I take care of my stuff and look after it, cleaning them regularly certainly does no harm.

Master-putter

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I clean mine regularly because if i look after them, they will last longer and i haven't got money to keep throwing away on new clubs because the old ones have become useless because i didn't look after them. Not pointless, called being sensible

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I clean mine regularly because if i look after them, they will last longer and i haven't got money to keep throwing away on new clubs because the old ones have become useless because i didn't look after them. Not pointless, called being sensible

How will the last longer if they are clean compared to a set caked in mud? I dont think a bit of mud is going to do much damage to steel.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not pointless, called being sensible

unless you are taking the grips off and drying and cleaning the inside of the shafts after every round it serves no purpose except cosmetic.

I reckon the shafts would rust from the inside before anything else. or the epoxy holding on the heads would fail :confused:

if you like having shiny clubs fill your boots :thup:

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site

I'm with you buddy. I'm sure it might me cosmetic, but certainly more appealing on the eye than a set of muddy shovels.