Cleveland wedges?

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi just gote myself two Cleveland oil whatsit, DSG wedges. I was wondering do the small lazer grooves make any differance or is it just a marketing ploy?

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi just gote myself two Cleveland oil whatsit, DSG wedges. I was wondering do the small lazer grooves make any differance or is it just a marketing ploy?

Are they CG15?

Nice wedges, the main grooves are obviously going to do most of the work but the laser grooves that roughen the surface certainly add some spin, but not forever.

I have a 60 thats pretty much worn out after around a year (laser grooves), the main grooves are fine still. I know Vokey do a similar thing but not with laser grooves but they roughen the surface.

I'm sure you will like them , and comparatively they are pretty cheap.

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
I've got 2 of them, total gimmick as they're gone after 3 rounds (quite honestly). Superb wedges however, althogh they take a bit of getting used to initially. I love em

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've got 2 of them, total gimmick as they're gone after 3 rounds (quite honestly). Superb wedges however, althogh they take a bit of getting used to initially. I love em

I had some of these.
The finish from the Oil Quench wears off so quickly you wonder why they bothered to put it on in the first place.

I also got silly amounts of spin from them, too much to control.
Nice wedges though, if you don't create much spin they could be brilliant.

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
My 58 has the Zip grooves, and the 52 has the tour Zip. Tend to only use the 52 on fuller shots as the spin can get crazy with the original zip grooves. Handy for round the green though, i can fling the 58 near the pin and it'll stop quick. Tears your balls to shreds though! (no wife jokes)

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had some of these.
The finish from the Oil Quench wears off so quickly you wonder why they bothered to put it on in the first place.

I also got silly amounts of spin from them, too much to control.
Nice wedges though, if you don't create much spin they could be brilliant.

Can normally get the ball to pull up after 2/3 bounces. But have never had backspin. Will have to see what happens weather permitting. Not really a good time for green is it.:whistle: .

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
At lefthandedgolf.com, sorry if your not a lefty. But they do have a link to their righthanded shop. But never looked at it so don't know if they are the same on there?

P.S. Will have a look and pm you. Sorry just looked they want £79 in righthanded.

Last edited: