Cleveland putters

JMSAFC87

Visit site
Anyone on here got one? I am really struggling with my putting, yes people will say its not the equipment its me, but I just don't feel comfortable with the two I have. I have been researching a few and Cleveland's look very good value for money, is this because they are poor quality, or is it because they are not popular?. Cleveland TFI 2135 II Elevado Satin has great reviews.

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Cleveland are as well made as other brands, Odyssey, Taylor Made, etc. I use a smart square mallet putter and find it as good and as well made as the two ball putters I've owned, it was only around £30. Cleveland are only really know for their wedges but their irons and putters are good just not used much on the tour so don't get the exposure the other brands do.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Nothing wrong with Cleveland Putters - Fine quality, very reasonable prices.

However, why not go check out lots - at your nearest AG perhaps, or even a/your Pro Shop. It's much better to find one that is 'right' for you than to keep trying to find THE one through costly trial and error purchases!

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Try a new grip, it could transform the putter.

A P2 grip has changed my bettinardi from being sold to a keeper.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Cleveland Golf are very much in the same camp as Wilson Staff in my opinion. They make fantastic kit which sadly doesn't have the "kerb appeal" of other brands. I was in American Golf last week playing with putters myself, absolutely loved the look and feel of the Wilson Staff Infinite "The Bean" putter. Price tag was £90 which is cheap for a putter these days. To cut a long story boring I bought a mint condition one off of ebay for £25!!!!!!

As Andy said above try a new grip, I'm going to order a P2 grip this week - which incidentally will cost more than the putter!!!!

JMSAFC87

Visit site
Cleveland Golf are very much in the same camp as Wilson Staff in my opinion. They make fantastic kit which sadly doesn't have the "kerb appeal" of other brands. I was in American Golf last week playing with putters myself, absolutely loved the look and feel of the Wilson Staff Infinite "The Bean" putter. Price tag was £90 which is cheap for a putter these days. To cut a long story boring I bought a mint condition one off of ebay for £25!!!!!!

As Andy said above try a new grip, I'm going to order a P2 grip this week - which incidentally will cost more than the putter!!!!

I like the Wilson staff DX2 soft balls, all I am using atm. I have also been looking at the Wilson staff putters on ebay, some bargains to be had. I think I may go and try some out at the local AM golf and check ebay if they suit my stroke.

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've just purchased a Cleveland putter. It was for 2 reasons - firstly I wanted my whole bag to be Srixon/Cleveland which it will be once that's in the bag (just a minor details of getting it engraved first), secondly they make very god equipment for a fraction of the price!

I brought mine and I'm getting mine engraved/painted for less than the cost of a Scotty Cameron / Odysey Toulon. Which would you rather have?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like the Wilson staff DX2 soft balls, all I am using atm. I have also been looking at the Wilson staff putters on ebay, some bargains to be had. I think I may go and try some out at the local AM golf and check ebay if they suit my stroke.

this range was very good, had one a few years back.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I've used a Cleveland Classic milled face putter in the past and I think it's a very decent product.

Truly unbelievable value for the money, compared to what other products cost.

Cleveland Classic

I changed this year mainly because the shaft of my Cleveland was rusty and I had asked a few people about changing the shaft. Ultimately by the time I'd gotten a new shaft, grip and labour I'd have been as well buying a new putter. Not that the rust caused any performance issues, just more from an aesthetics point of view.

As i was changing, ended up getting fitted for a Ping Valult 2.0 Anser Style putter. I guess I had the money for a premium product and so I got it. The fitting left me only getting a slight change from the specs in the Cleveland I'd been using - namely the lie angle was changed from 70 to 68 degrees.

If I didn't have the budget for the Ping I would 100% have kept the Cleveland or gotten a new one for £50 or so.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I use a Cleveland TFi 1.0 putter. Great feel and well made. Would definitely recommend that you try one out.

Robin Hood

Visit site
A Cleveland counterbalanced putter transformed my game.
It was recommended by a Pro as I had putting yips. That along with a lesson has changed my game completely.
I had used many putters over the years and the Cleveland is by far the best for me.
Good luck.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've got 2 in the garage, a Classic #1 and a black #6. Both lovely bits of kit.

mister v

Visit site
I've just been on ebay looking at cleveland classics and if you changed cameron to cleveland that putter goes up £250!!! and ive got a scotty ....... bloody hell golfers must be the biggest brand snobs out of all the sports out there

Scoobiesnax

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Love my Cleveland TFI 2135 1.0 Putter. Stumbled across it while in Spain where I hired out a set of clubs at Alcaidesa Links and the putter was in there - instantly fell in love - got home and bought one immediately and haven't looked back. You won't be wasting any money on one of these putters as they are a bargain.