Cleaning Motacaddy Winter Trolley Wheels - Help

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We have an option of carrying on purchasing winter wheels which I have done. Our course is wet and whilst there a high pressure air machine there is not enough pressure and all the mud from the previous people is around the machine. Even when the machine is working well it is still difficult and time consuming.

Carrying is not an option, nor changing clubs, and I tend to bring the half cleaned trolley home.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If it’s to keep mud out the boot I’d be popping them off and into a builders bag in the boot and wading in the garden after use. Quick spray with wd40 as this should prevent mud sticking to the inner wheel rim in future and pop them back on. I’d also get aerosol lithium spray grease and just put a little spray inside any bearings if applicable post wash.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If it’s to keep mud out the boot I’d be popping them off and into a builders bag in the boot and wading in the garden after use. Quick spray with wd40 as this should prevent mud sticking to the inner wheel rim in future and pop them back on. I’d also get aerosol lithium spray grease and just put a little spray inside any bearings if applicable post wash.
Thanks, really helpful.

D

Deleted member 29109

We saw someone using a battery powered pressure washer and a gerry can to wash their trolley in the club car park.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
I have these and use the air line and the hosepipe after my round. Doesn’t get them perfect but have a full bag for the trolley so doesn’t dirty the car etc. the only way to properly clean them is to take off and use a cloth / soapy water

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Our place is affectionately known as “mud wood”. My slicks are a royal PITA to clean. The hedgehog wheels work for so long and just clog up with an inch of mud. They also become a bigger PITA to clean.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Air compressor at the course, then take them home, blast off with the hose then in the sink with an old brush and dish soap. I know it seems a lot but your wheels will look lovely.

I do this with my clubs and my shoes after every round.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Air compressor at the course, then take them home, blast off with the hose then in the sink with an old brush and dish soap. I know it seems a lot but your wheels will look lovely.

Sounds a ball ache after every round.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I heard a pro/caddie/someone say “If you need to clean your clubs after a round, you aren’t cleaning them properly during your round”.
I don’t do either???

D

Deleted member 29109

I heard a pro/caddie/someone say “If you need to clean your clubs after a round, you aren’t cleaning them properly during your round”.
I don’t do either???

My clubs don’t need cleaning after a round. I make sure any dirt is removed after each shot.

It baffles me how many people play with clubs that have mud and grass all over the face and effectively no grooves.