Chipping!

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah will work as long as you are not using and opening a lob with 11 degree like my winter lob. I use an 8 deg lob in summer most of the time. I'd use my 56 and open just a fraction and do as above. My 56 has 11degrees to but a much small sole.

I made this video to show my friend how much you can hit behind and get away with it. I was only chipping to a flag 10 yards away or so. It is something you should play around with. Once you have trust that the club slides in under the ball there is no stopping you.

[video=youtube;nHkoJMGw1gM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHkoJMGw1gM[/video]

Garry

Did you just drop an f bomb? NSFW ALERT!!!!

Wont someone think about the children!!!

Sat working on a presentation for work and that made me chuckle that

:rofl:

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I've been thinking about my chipping problems. Apart from the occasional yip, my natural reaction to a fluffed chip was to move the ball further and further back in my stance, so that I hit the ball first and not the ground. This was wrong because I was then chopping down on the ball, so that if I hit even fractionally behind the ball I stubbed it, and fractionally ahead I would thin it. I was even prone to shanking chip shots because my swing was quite in to out with the ball that far back. This was in addition to losing the bounce effect. Just moving the ball to the centre of my stance has greatly improved my chipping. :)

Last edited: