Chigwell Golf Club

D

Deleted member 21258

Its a pleasant course, played there four times over a number of years, the last time last year. Friendly and if you have the same starter as have had each time really nice guy.

We played there in April last year(it was a really dry period) and the course was fairly hard and playing very short, almost drive and a little flick with a wedge onto the green. Green normally quite nice. Some of the shots to the green, you do not want to thin, otherwise they will be in peoples gardens.:rofl:

Some cracking holes, think it is the 8th hole love it, really tight if hitting a driver(slightly blind tee shot) but can get it fairly close to the green it you hit the right line and really like the closing 18th. Pars 3 are also quite nice, and one that feels like it has been squeezed in with a tiny green.

Enjoy.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Played it a couple of times - but 10 and 9 years ago!

Pleasant society style. Some nice holes but nothing really stands out - apart from 'millionaires row' beside the 9th!

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
I was a member there for 5 years.

It's not particularly long and best summarised as a plotters course, you need to put your ball in the right places. The greens are the courses best defence - quite small and very slopey.

Chigwell doesn't cope well at all in the winter months (as with most Essex-based courses) so don't bother unless you're playing late spring>summer>autumn.

Make your score on the front nine because the back nine can be quite punishing.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My mate's a member there and he finds it tough to play to his 10 handicap there due to it being so tight and plotty. He loves it though and is pleased with course conditions and the general welcome that he has got there. It's in the middle of TOWIE and Birds of a Feather country so plenty of orange folk around. Being from Essex myself i'm not convinced that golf courses inside the M25 and actually situated in London Boroughs with underground stations and red buses can call themselves Essex based even though they're members of the Essex Golf Union but that's me. As soon as I mention up here that I'm from Essex folk say to me "oh towie country" and I quickly remind them it's London not Essex where that lot are from.