Chelsea sack Scolari

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Any Chelsea boys on here with comments on the sacking ?

Its not that surprising . The fans on saturday made their feelings well known and our form/performances over the last 3 months have been very very poor.
TBH , they must have some idea of a replacement as it seems a bit sudden.
Zola/Clarke....yes , one day , but not now.
Hiddink/Grant....think we'll have the same probs

From a personal point of view , i'd like us to go a bit left field and bring back Brendan Rogers from Watford. Well respected by the players , tactically aware and has faith in the youngsters at The Bridge .

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its just another example of big money clubs, the expectations, the demands of not just fans but those in the comfy chairs, it really is a difficult job for any manager to take on. Great if you have a string of wins and a successful trophy haul, but as soon as a clitch comes along, managers of clubs like this can kiss their jobs goodbye and it doesnt matter if the manager is doing a great job with such clubs, if the results are not there neither will the manager, no matter who it is.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Should have given him till the end of the season atleast, same with Adams, new sigings been made and not had chance to prove them.

Can only lead a horse to water, why dont players get sacked when they dont play well?

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I never thought his appointment was wise anyway and knew it wouldn't be long- I just wish clubs would show more loyalty to their managers, as a spurs fan I still miss Martin Jol!

As for who is next it will inevitably be someone already in the public spotlight.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can't understand the timing of these sackings.
If they were going to get shut, why did they wait until the transfer window was closed? Whoever comes in is going to have to work with the same players that didn't perform for the previous manager.

john74

Hacker
Visit site
why is it the managers always get the blame for bad results. i think the problem is the players couldnt care less if they win or lose they still get £100,000 a week. i reckon they should only get paid if they win that would be an incentive to play well.
chelsea need to get some players that are passionate about the club not players from abroad who have probably never heard of the premier league let alone chelsea.

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
why is it the managers always get the blame for bad results. i think the problem is the players couldnt care less if they win or lose they still get £100,000 a week. i reckon they should only get paid if they win that would be an incentive to play well.
chelsea need to get some players that are passionate about the club not players from abroad who have probably never heard of the premier league let alone chelsea.
But 9/10 of these players are the same players that pushed Man united so close last season !!! From what i've heard , Scolari had lost the dressing room . Didn't train them hard enough , no flexibility on formations when he didn't have the players to play a 4 3 3 and yet refused to switch to 4 4 2.

These same players did so well last season after The special one's departure supposedly in spite of Avram Grant being in charge , noy because of him so if they're not responding to Scolari's learnings , things must be bad

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've been a chelsea fan for 25 years, the last 5 years my love for the club seems to have faded a bit. It was much beetter being a Chelsea fan before all the money came in! I know that we've won the league a couple of times and lots of other trophy's but it's not the same!
In the last couple of years we seem to have turned into one of those clubs that just seem to have no sense! Whether Mourinho should have gone? I'm not sure on that one. But getting rid of Avram Grant! why? Second only in the league to an awesome Man utd side spearheaded by the best player in the world and only losing the champions league by a costly unfortunate slip!
Then we appoint Scolari, things are looking good, theres a lot of confidence about the place, we go on a bad run and it's SEE YOU LATER SCOLARI!
It's ridiculous if you ask me but thats just the way football has become!
I NEVER EVER thought I'd say this but my first sport isn't football!

Obviously, it's GOLF!

markwarne

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This whole "sacking managers" lark is becoming a bit of a joke really.

First Adams, then Scolari, who's next?

Being a Boro fan, I sit and watch week after week after week whereby we fail to deliver, not having won in 12 games. Yet the manager is still there, rightly or not. Its all based on the attitude and approach of the chairman. We are lucky enough to have a chairman who supports (as far as possible)his manager. It may not do us any good if we go down, but surely it has to be better than this "easy come, easy go" culture that our "glorious" game has developed.

From a Chelsea perspective, some fans must be thinking why they let Jose go.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Instant gratification is the order of the day.

Ferguson was given plenty of time at Utd in the late 80's to build a team and look what developed. He was close to the sack but thanks to a great football man in Bobby Charleton Fergie survived and the club prospered.

Both fans and chairmen muat take the blame for a lot of the sackings of managers over the past few years.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have to say I admire Boro for the way they have stuck by all their managers recently and given each of them a season at least to put a team together. I think Southgate will be in charge until at least the end of the season. If they go down he will definitely go but otherwose he may have another season in him. He is still attracting players to the club so I think he has the dressing room.

If Arsenal finish out of the top 4 Wenger will go one way or another although I have an inkling the dressing room are split already so that may hurry the process. I think most of the clubs will stick with their current charges now until the end of the season. I hope Fulham keep Hodgson as he really knows the game and can build a good mid-table side at the Cottage. Lose Zamora and get a target man for Johnson and we will be fine next year (I thought Heskey on loan would have been a good deal)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Wenger will be there til the end of his contract, where ever Arsenal finish. He is Arsenal, the whole set up is built around him, and the only thing holding him back is the funding of the grove. The board know this, and he is the only one who can get them success on a very limited budget. On that, he is bomb proof.
The next manager to go will be Southgate, and that is sad.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lost any passion for football long ago though if I support anybody it's Chelsea and Portsmouth (Bet they wished I didn't )

Heard on the radio yesterday that the bookies have opened odds on Di Matteo moving from MK to Chelsea. How ridiculous is that, the guys only been managing for 5 mins in the 'first' (3rd) division, though not making a bad fist of it. The way things go, Di Matteo for Portsmouth?

For Chelsea? I think they need somebody tough enough and ruthless enough who will work the players hard- no idea who that would be and it wouldn't sit well with the prima donnas.

john74

Hacker
Visit site
Lost any passion for football long ago though if I support anybody it's Chelsea and Portsmouth (Bet they wished I didn't )

Heard on the radio yesterday that the bookies have opened odds on Di Matteo moving from MK to Chelsea. How ridiculous is that, the guys only been managing for 5 mins in the 'first' (3rd) division, though not making a bad fist of it. The way things go, Di Matteo for Portsmouth?

For Chelsea? I think they need somebody tough enough and ruthless enough who will work the players hard- no idea who that would be and it wouldn't sit well with the prima donnas.

di metteos appointment would wreck another up and coming managers furure. look at paul ince he did wonders with the mk dons but lasted 5 minutes at blackburn. paul ince and tony adams have now got a big black mark on their cv's