Check if you overswing your irons.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I totally understand what you mean. I remember when I had my first or second lesson with Peter Finch. He was like: "Try to keep your backswing shorter. Maybe do just a half swing." And I tried, and it felt like I was hardly taking a backswing at all. And when I saw myself on the video it was still way above my head and beyond parallel. I really had to slow my backswing down massively to get it controlled to a point where I actually felt where my club was.

AntShadow

Visit site
Peter Finch has done a video on this fairly recently. Think it was about hitting longer irons but said something about swinging less as the iron number increases. Seems to have helped me

Have you got a link to that? Can't seem to find it on his Youtube channel but it's something i'm very interested in viewing

darriusdax

Visit site
Im on the search for a few.excercises to stretch and strengthen the arms and stop breaking my left elbow at the top... has anyone done excercise for this ?.. im guessing its about flexibility at the top of the spine.. shoulder and wrist to some degree...

darriusdax

Visit site
Cheers. I will try... amd set up video from behind instead.
My left thumb does that work... so the glove is worn there!!! good spot lump.. its not essential to have a flat wrist at the top..... but i will experiment with it... coat hanger on the range drill... or try flattening it before downswing but that will take more skill and time.... interesting!!

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Have you got a link to that? Can't seem to find it on his Youtube channel but it's something i'm very interested in viewing

Can't seem to find it myself now 😂 wondering if it was someone else's video

Basic principle was full length swing for driver and 3 wood and then take a bit off for each club you move down the bag.

And a wider stance for longer irons, with ball the same number of inches inside the front foot as the number of the iron

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
For a righty, the left arm parallel to the ground drill is great for improving contact and for a lot of people hitting the ball further. Google Monte Scheinblum, left arm parallel. You can pretty much play golf with the swing he demonstrates.

D

Deleted member 21258

I am glad I don't have any element of overswing, everyone says I have the text book swing.;)

darriusdax

Visit site
My left wrist is cupped at the top and cupped at or just after contact... im hitting the ball better but will try to work on my left wrist being flat and square to target ay impact.. main area im looking at is stretching.. im stiff as a board lol