Cheapest bags

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Topic came up on another thread so decided to start one

Seen plenty of what's in the bag posts where there are some really expensive sets people get envious of. To put a different spin on it, what are the cheapest full bags?

Must be a bag full of clubs you've bought, no freebies, and include the bag itself.

Mine to start -

Driver - £25 new
3W - £40 used
3H - £28 used
4H - £50 ex demo
Irons 4-PW - £66 used
Sand wedge - £40 new
Putter - £80 new
Bag - £40 new

£369 total

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Topic came up on another thread so decided to start one

Seen plenty of what's in the bag posts where there are some really expensive sets people get envious of. To put a different spin on it, what are the cheapest full bags?

Must be a bag full of clubs you've bought, no freebies, and include the bag itself.

Mine to start -

Driver - £25 new
3W - £40 used
3H - £28 used
4H - £50 ex demo
Irons 4-PW - £66 used
Sand wedge - £40 new
Putter - £80 new
Bag - £40 new

£369 total

Wow that cost a lot

I played from 15-25 with these clubs

Texan classics driver 3 wood, 5 wood, 4-sw £150
Bag £25
Ram putter £8

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
It was indeed

I even managed to sell it for £25 to American golf when I traded in “any putter” against s new one

I took advantage of them with my irons. They were priced wrong. Recently regripped with £8 per club worth of golf prides. £56 worth of brand new grips on a £66 iron set 😂

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Most of my stuff was second hand or on offer, but one or two things like the putter are pushing the value up.

Driver - G30 - £100 second hand from AG (had a voucher for £10 off so paid 90)
4 Wood - G25 - £70 second hand from Ebay
Hybrid - G25 - £50 second hand from a kind chap on this forum
3 iron - old Big Bertha - got from a kind chap on this forum, in exchange for a charitable donation
5-P irons - XR Steelhead - £350 second hand from AG, but I had a £100 voucher so paid 250
50° - Cleveland - £50 second hand from AG
56° - Cleveland - £55 bought new from Ebay but it was old stock they were getting rid of
60° - Dunlop rubbish - was found by my mates left on a course, nobody claimed it so they gave it to me for free. I use it in bunkers.
Putter - Odyssey - £140, brand new after a fitting session. The only thing I've done that with, as I figure you hit the most shots with the putter so important to get that right. Also the missus bought me that one for Christmas actually, ha.
Cart bag - Wilson Staff - £60 from an Ebay seller (was new but obviously on offer).
Trolley - Big Max push trolley - £109 from Clubhouse golf, was on offer
Stand bag - Mizuno Aerolite - got from a kind chap on this forum, in exchange for a charitable donation

So definitely not the cheapest but I think I've done quite well value-wise.

D

Deleted member 21258

I have a couple of bags of clubs that I use at the moment :-

Normal playing one(kind of guessing to remember some costs) -

Driver - £125 used
3W - £50 used
5W - £50 used
7W - £30 used
9W - £40 used
Irons 7-SW - £100 used
LW - £30 new
Putter - £250 used
Bag - £125 new

£800 total (flipping heck bit shocked over the total)

Old Style Clubs(all used) :-

Driver/3W/5W - £12.94
Irons including putter - £33.88
Also put in my normal LW - £30 new as above
Bag - £20

£96.82 Total

Old clubs win by a mile for me.:):LOL:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
See now I know it’s battle of the cheapest bag but I don’t think my bag is that expensive for the clubs I own

Driver cobra f7 £165, got for £105 sold my old driver to them
4 wood f7 £62 sold my 3 wood for £55 and 5 wood for £25
Hybrid f7 £69 sold my 2 hybrids for it £40 and £25
Irons 716 ap1 £559, I got £225 for my irons via trade in and sold the 4 iron that came with for £55
Wedges were £70 each 3 of them SM5 sold one wedge for £25
Putter £85 sold my old one for £40
Bag £112 sold old one £40

So total cost of £1262

So that bag net £748

That’s not bad for why I’ve got and I’m delighted with it tbh.

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Most of my stuff was second hand or on offer, but one or two things like the putter are pushing the value up.

Driver - G30 - £100 second hand from AG (had a voucher for £10 off so paid 90)
4 Wood - G25 - £70 second hand from Ebay
Hybrid - G25 - £50 second hand from a kind chap on this forum
3 iron - old Big Bertha - got from a kind chap on this forum, in exchange for a charitable donation
5-P irons - XR Steelhead - £350 second hand from AG, but I had a £100 voucher so paid 250
50° - Cleveland - £50 second hand from AG
56° - Cleveland - £55 bought new from Ebay but it was old stock they were getting rid of
60° - Dunlop rubbish - was found by my mates left on a course, nobody claimed it so they gave it to me for free. I use it in bunkers.
Putter - Odyssey - £140, brand new after a fitting session. The only thing I've done that with, as I figure you hit the most shots with the putter so important to get that right. Also the missus bought me that one for Christmas actually, ha.
Cart bag - Wilson Staff - £60 from an Ebay seller (was new but obviously on offer).
Trolley - Big Max push trolley - £109 from Clubhouse golf, was on offer
Stand bag - Mizuno Aerolite - got from a kind chap on this forum, in exchange for a charitable donation

So definitely not the cheapest but I think I've done quite well value-wise.
One of my favourite clubs the 60 degree Dunlop Rubbish :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Given that I started to play the game about 1976/7 doubt if I could really remember the cheapest and If I could whether it would be relevant today I can remember my putter was £2 brand new.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of my favourite clubs the 60 degree Dunlop Rubbish :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I've got a Dunlop 60 wedge currently in the bag - super club. Forged head, True Temper Dynamic Gold Shaft, Golf Pride Full cord grip.

It is the same version that John Daly was using when he carried Dunlop clubs in his bag.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
my bag is skewed due to the driver, but the rest is pretty cheap

Driver - Epic Sub Zero - £440
3wd - Adam tights lies - £15 - ebay
5wd - Adam tight lies - £15 - ebay
3 hybrid - Adams ti - £20 - ebay
Irons - Mizuno pro original blades - £10 - Schpock
Wedges - CG15's x 2 £40 the pair - ebay
putter - Scotty Del Mar - present

total £550

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Ah christ, just nearly laughed out loud in the office cheers for that. Yeah, it is one of those DDH £12 SportsDirect pieces of tat, but it does its job hacking me out of bunkers alright. :LOL:

I remember being tempted by a £20 60° slazenger one in sports direct - had a milled face and everything lol

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
my bag is skewed due to the driver, but the rest is pretty cheap

Driver - Epic Sub Zero - £440
3wd - Adam tights lies - £15 - ebay
5wd - Adam tight lies - £15 - ebay
3 hybrid - Adams ti - £20 - ebay
Irons - Mizuno pro original blades - £10 - Schpock
Wedges - CG15's x 2 £40 the pair - ebay
putter - Scotty Del Mar - present

total £550

That's what made me think of it in the first place, a 2019 driver costs more than every club I own and the bag they're in lol

Big Jim

Visit site
whole lot £50 in a car boot sale.

inot sure what make the bag is but the irons are ping with a Calloway driver and woods and a funny looking putter with white circles on it.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have had a few complete sets for free.

My mates uncle used to run the local recycling tip and he used to give them to me. Most of them ended up on ebay and he got a 50/50 deal. Had a couple of fully working Powacaddy leccy trollies that way.