Cheap Rangefinder / Laser

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Not looked but if the Suoaki is there its worth a punt
Would people still buy electronic items with batteries you don't charge directly via USB?

Range finder, bike lights, portable radios, ... we run everything of USB chargers, I think. The only items we buy batteries for are TV remotes and the toys for the little one.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Would people still buy electronic items with batteries you don't charge directly via USB?

Range finder, bike lights, portable radios, ... we run everything of USB chargers, I think. The only items we buy batteries for are TV remotes and the toys for the little one.
I bought rechargeable batteries for the Suaoki and so simply take them out every 2-3 weeks and give them a boost and stick them back in. Last long enough and no need for USB

Golfnut1957

Visit site

Absolutely. One of the main advantages of a rangefinder is the fact that it will last a year or so on one CR2 battery. Use it, drop it into your bag and forget about it until the next round.
It is the cheaper end of the rangefinder market that use USB, meaning that you have to take it home after every round to charge it up, and uniquely it is the same at the top end of the market as the two most expensive hybrid lasers, the Bushnell and the Garmin both have lithium re-chargeable batteries powering their GPS with CR2 powering the laser, taking the device home and charging it is not so critical.
I have the Bushnell Hybrid which provides the best of both worlds. It's expensive but not much more expensive than a half decent watch and laser would cost if you required both.

benjo09

Visit site
Yes, I particularly chose a model with a CR2 so I could have a spare in the bag if the battery ever runs out in the middle of a round. If it has a built in rechargeable battery and it runs out during the round well...