Ok, decided I want a rangefinder..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anything wrong with this one? I've heard of the make (Ben Sayers) and it seems to be a decent price so is there anything I'm missing? Are they known to fail?

Seen a few cheaper on Ebay but not by manufacturers I've heard of so not sure on them. Don't want to go second hand for Bushnell or similar because you never if people are selling because it's shagged or not.

Other suggestions welcome, don't particularly want to pay over 100 quid though! Cheers.

(Disclaimer so we don't have to cover it later: Yes I've previously said I wouldn't use one but I've changed my mind, I do that sometimes. :LOL: It turns out I'm really crap at working out how far back the pin is with my eyes alone.)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
As it's from Hotgolf, a well known and reputable company, you'll get a warranty if it goes wrong.
It's not, I suspect, made by Ben Sayers - most golf companies wouldn't know a thing about the insides of rangefinders so I wouldn't put any stock in the name..
It'll do the job.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Ben Sayers one should do the job for you, when you get one don't forget to have a practise with it as they sometimes pick up something behind the flag, always best to estimate visually and then use the range finder.

Played with a mate once and despite 3 of us questioning his yardage reading, he cracked on and hit a 4 iron, it air mailed the green by about 40 yards and landed in the greenkeepers compound :LOL:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll go with the Ben Sayers one then, happy with that. There's a discount code on Ebay today as well, decent. Cheers for the feedback chaps.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On the recommendation from someone on here, I picked up a Boblov one. Very pleased with it, has lithium battery and the charge seems to last for ages. My mate who is a pro at our course borrowed it and was very impressed.

Simonsmh

Visit site
I mate of mine has the Suaoki. It developed a fault out of warranty, he got in touch with the supplier and they sent him a replacement. So pretty good service.

I'm just about to order one.

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
If it needs a battery, get a spare to keep in your bag. It's only ever going to need replacing when you are halfway round the course............