Cheap Rangefinder / Laser

BennyBoy85

Visit site
I've just ordered one of the Mileseey rangefinders via ebay for £61. Fingers crossed it turns out to be a bargain.
Anybody got one of these already? I'm pretty sure it's the 650 version with slope (in blue).

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Contact Ben Sayers. It surely must have a warranty on it.
I managed to contact HotGolfUK which was the seller and they're going to send it back to the manufacturer as it's still in warranty. Cheers for the tip, I'll see what goes down with that before just buying a new one! I doubt I'll get a replacement since I don't think they make new ones of it anymore, maybe they can fix it.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've just ordered one of the Mileseey rangefinders via ebay for £61. Fingers crossed it turns out to be a bargain.
Anybody got one of these already? I'm pretty sure it's the 650 version with slope (in blue).

As noted above, I've got the next one up the range that allows slope to be turned on and off. Used it at the weekend and it was excellent; very easy to use, quick to give a reading. Can't really imagine a Bushnell being better (but I've not used one!).

Longevity could be an issue, but one round in, I'm delighted.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've used a caddytek laser for the last few years.

Quality build. Worked in misty rain when a top of the range bushnell wouldn't.

birdyhunter

Visit site
For me one of the must-have requirements is stabilisation. I bought what I thought was a good rangefinder but it's nearly unusable as from anything over about 150 yards the hand shake makes accuracy too difficult (and I'm sober when using it too!).

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent, good value (cheap!) stabilised rangefinder?

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t know if mine is stabilised.... I guess it should say in the blurb, I will check.

Edit: checked and can’t see any mention so I presume it doesn’t have that feature. I can see the benefit, but hasn’t been a problem for me so far

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Out of interest has anyone checked their cheaper device against a Bushnell or equivalent. I did with my Suoaki when I got it and it was surprisingly close either matching or only +/-1 yard

Likewise checked against various top branded devices used by friend and never any major differences.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
It looks like a newer version of mine. But it doesn’t have slope even if the pictures show a slope adjustment, and not sure if the battery is rechargeable or not.

As written before, I am fine with my Boblov. The eyesight adjustment does affect the display as well, but since I wear my glasses it’s god as well, and I can charge it via usb which I am not sure that one can,
Mine is accurate enough compared with playing partners Bushnell and if it takes 2 seconds longer to acquire a target, who cares.

Btw, Amazon Prime Day coming up, maybe there will be a discount on a range finder, it was a couple of years ago on Black Friday and this forum went crazy ;-)

benjo09

Visit site
Bought a Mileseey PF210 last week for £100 off Amazon to see how I would get on with a rangefinder. Got to say I think I got a dud as it was utterly useless and overread the distance nearly every time by up to 30 yards at times. Ended up having to check my phone app to make sure the rangefinder was in the right ball park which king of defeats the object of it. It really struggled to pick out a white flag against a backdrop of dark trees as well on multiple occasions.

On one hole with the pin at the back it read 77 yards so I hit my 75 yard shot and air mailed the green. Scanned again and again 77 yards. Checked my phone app and it was 68 to the back edge! Scanned again and it said 63 yards. Scanned one last time, 78 yards.

Had high hopes for it with some of the reviews and not sure whether to go the cheap route again. Its certainly going to take a while to trust one if I do buy another!

AdamC28

Visit site
Thanks. Checked and the prices were the same the other day.

I wasn't sure but thought it was worth highlighting.
Unfortunately I've seen a few sellers doing that recently, advertising a sale when really not much if anything is being offered at a reduced price.