Charley Hull

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Do you guys agree, or disagree, that Charley doesn't get the media coverage that her talent deserves in the US? Simple question!

Because for the vast majority of US viewers she's unknown. Not an LPGA member and playing on an invite she's currently a small fish. Of course that will change very quickly but for now she's just seen as a new kid on the block. Wie and Thompson are far more well known (with big name sponsors appealing to the US Markets) so of course they'll get more air time. Nothing more than that and no conspiracy theories here

C

c1973

Documentary just starting on BBC 2 about Charley for anyone interested.

D

Deleted member 15344

Looking at the list of the Ladies US Open ( to be played at Pinehurst also )

Charley doesn't seem to be on the list even though her rankings allow her to be in but someone was saying that they haven't invited her ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It would be sad if they haven't but if her ranking allows her to qualify by right wouldn't she have done so. My guess (and it's just that) is that she was outside the qualifying criteria when entries closed and she didn't enter and of the regional or international qualifers to book a spot that way. Shame if she did miss it

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
She had to qualify.

European Qualifier - at The Buckingham - actually clashed with her actually in US (sponsor's invite), so she misses out!

She was 6th on LET money list (top 5 exempt) and 33rd in world (top 25 exempt).

Last edited:

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
She had to qualify.

European Qualifier - at The Buckingham - actually clashed with her actually in US (sponsor's invite), so she misses out!

She was 6th on LET money list (top 5 exempt) and 33rd in world (top 25 exempt).

At least this means I'll get to see her play at the Buckinghamshire next month, as this is quite local to me. :)