Charley Hull

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
A disappointing final round!

Never saw that 4-putt coming - after having putts for birdie on the first 7 (apparently!).

No 'sparkle' from Lydia Ko either.

Another couple of talented Ams though!

Another solid round be Wie, one of only 3 of the leaders to go under Par. But couldn't really understand the 'tactics' - too conservative when behind! No Plan B!

But Thomson definitely won it! Her shot from behind/under a tree on Day 3 was the shot of the tournament for me - ranking with some of those that turn The Masters!

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Also disappointing that Sky Sports News hasn't made a single mention of the result of this tournament in a whole hour of viewing this morning. We've had the Norwich manager sacking, Johnny Wilkinson's dodgy knee but no mention of a ladies major golf championship. I think they deserve better.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
The first entry I saw on the Beeb's Golf Home page was only after Hull's (great) 3rd round! Others had to be dug out from lower pages!

Does 'feature' in today's 'Breaking News' though.

Mind you, how many on here knew GB was playing a Davis Cup Quarter Final?

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I couldn't keep my eyes open last night to watch to the end, mainly due to the ads! Every 3 shots there was an ad break.. but that's what we've come to expect from Sky!

Shame Charley couldn't keep the momentum from the 3rd round going, but 7th isn't too bad for her first major!

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I couldn't keep my eyes open last night to watch to the end, mainly due to the ads! Every 3 shots there was an ad break.. but that's what we've come to expect from Sky!

Shame Charley couldn't keep the momentum from the 3rd round going, but 7th isn't too bad for her first major!

Only 1 reason i was keeping my eyes open

Waiting for Lexi to jump into that pond with white clothes on...muhuahaha

Genuine talent and will contest many many more majors

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
see she has a 6way share of the lead with 6 holes to go in the States tonight. That said with Thompson, Wie, Korda, Nordquist and Matthew she's in decent company!

D

Deleted member 15344

see she has a 6way share of the lead with 6 holes to go in the States tonight. That said with Thompson, Wie, Korda, Nordquist and Matthew she's in decent company!

Thats great company to be in :D

Would be amazing if she manages to get the win

Was speaking to Lee her coach on Monday and he was saying her game just gets better and better every time he sees her.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
bogies the par 5 and then follows it with 2 birdies but still 1 back of Korda who has par and 2 birdies. Shame not televised as one hell of a leaderboard

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Very creditable performance - and from Catriona Matthew for the same score.

Korda looks like another star in the making. The genes certainly help! And a sister who is showing promise too!

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If you go into the LPGA website, Charley Hull is not listed as an LPGA player, and their leaderboards do not have a photo or a bio for her, despite several good results in their tournaments. Think it would be different if she was an American! :angry:

D

Deleted member 15344

If you go into the LPGA website, Charley Hull is not listed as an LPGA player, and their leaderboards do not have a photo or a bio for her, despite several good results in their tournaments. Think it would be different if she was an American! :angry:

Or possibly its becasue she isnt an affliated member of the LPGA yet and was there on a sponsers invite

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Or possibly its becasue she isnt an affliated member of the LPGA yet and was there on a sponsers invite
If you watch the US media, such as the Golf Channel, you might think she doesn't exist! Far more coverage for Michelle Wie who finished level with Charley, or even Lexi Thompson who finished several places behind her.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you watch the US media, such as the Golf Channel, you might think she doesn't exist! Far more coverage for Michelle Wie who finished level with Charley, or even Lexi Thompson who finished several places behind her.

Are you deliberately being obtuse? Of course there is more coverage for Thompson who has just won the last major, is the current darling of the US media and was on a day 4 charge up the leaderboard. Wie always has been a huge draw, even without winning and having contended at the Kraft and contending here also going to see plenty of. Next you'll be telling me they showed more of Korda too lol

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

:rofl: :rofl:

Even by DelC standards that's xenephobia (well, anti US) screw-up of the week!

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Do you guys agree, or disagree, that Charley doesn't get the media coverage that her talent deserves in the US? Simple question!