Champions League Fixed?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Certainly made an interesting read. I am a sucker for a good conspiracy theory so be interested to see if any of the press pick this up.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Doesnt really matter who plays who, ya gotta beat who ever is put in front of you to win it!

Is mad though, odds of that draw were 105/1 i believe so someone out there guessing it and then saying he heard it leaked aint a million miles away from impossability!

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can understand why the authorities didn't want four English teams in the semi finals, as they would lose a fortune in revenue from Europe through advertising. Also, they obviously didn't want one country dominating the competition as it would then be perceived as The Premiership being more important then The Champions League.
This isn't the first time this claim has been made either

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/2921925.stm

Also wonder why the host nation of a tournament always puncvhes above their weight as well. To keep the interest of the host population. I mean the whole country would lose interest if the home team exited at the first group stage.
ie Korea (dodgy goal against Italy, who also had a goal disallowed I believe)
England. (Every game at Wembley, Dodgy refereeing decisions) ;)

You know, that sort of thing.

Football is and always has been corrupt, there is too much money involved in it now for it not to be.

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I think it's suspicious. I've long thought there was something dodgy about these draws.
1 Why are Spain always seeded when they're crap?
2 Why did Celtic have to play all their first legs at home when they got to the UEFA final in 2003?
3 It's strange that three rich teams, Chelsea, Manchester United and Barcelona got the ''easiest'' draws.
4 I suspect that UEFA want England and its clubs out ASAP. Maybe something to do with obnoxious fans. Understandable but hardly fair on the decent majority.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
A fellow at work claims someone knew the draw 3 hours before it happened and posted somewhere in the interweb, the same fella tried to lay bets on it and no bookie in the country would take his bet!! It must be bad if UEFA need to draw English teams together to stop our domination of Europe.

edit: note to self to read link first in future.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do excuse me A_F but when Mike H first put to us that there was going to be changes in the Forum, you aid that if it wasnt about golf you werent gonna talk about it and you didnt want a section for other topics on a golf site.

Also if you wanted to talk about other subjects you would go to a specific website!

Well well well, Enjoy the new site layout looks like your making the most of it!!

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What is the point of this post MVP?

You know, There are people on this forum (well respected people) that advised me to ignore anything you posted because you were a prat MVP, but I thought, NO!, the guy has done me no harm and has to be given the benefit of the doubt. I will treat him like I treat everyone else on this forum (a friend that I just haven't met yet).
But I now admit I was wrong and they were right. I'm sorry I doubted you guys, you were right enough. From now on I will not be reading any of your posts so don't even bother responding to this as you will now be blocked from this end.

With no respect whatsoever,

Atticus.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
This forum is getting daft, it is a forum not an elitist high society golf club for friends of friends that some members are treating it as. If you do not agree with someone or get no with a personality then just leave it, why create a forum of bullying so just the "IT" group are left? I thought Golf was progressing and it doesn't have room for tactics or bullying like this, I am not saying I agree with MVP or AF just saying its a free forum and people should not be bullied off it.