Champions elect v Scotlands Shame?

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
I can see this thread going on forever, some of you think I'm talking tripe, and I still think Scottish football has no place at all in the English League.

As for the crowds comment - the Edinburgh derby only 14,000 turn up. Dundee Utd v Aberdeen, only 10,000 turn up. Killie v Falkirk 5,900, Poor crowds, poor standard of football in my opinion.

As for me sounding like a hypocrite with regards Cardiff City playing in the English league, there is a very good reason for that. They ALWAYS have played in English leagues since they turned from amateur to professional. First they played in the Southern Leagues before being invited into the Football League Second Division.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. We both think the other is delusional and talking poop.

And as for "Scotlands shame hahahahaha, yesterday we had 8000 idiots arrive at our stadium and not one saltire in the whole Celtc end, we had palestine flags, ETA flags, IRA flags, Basque flags, Cuban revolutionary flags and a few thousand Irish tri-colours......Rangers = Scotlands shame????....Dont make me laugh " - You can keep that north of the border thank you very much.

Echt Loon - Aberdeen's average attendance was the fifth largest in the Scottish 'PREMIERSHIP' at a whopping 11,000, That would put you on a par with Plymouth Argyle who were 23rd in average attendances in the Championship.

Bluebirds !!!!

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
I can see this thread going on forever, some of you think I'm talking tripe, and I still think Scottish football has no place at all in the English League.

As for the crowds comment - the Edinburgh derby only 14,000 turn up. Dundee Utd v Aberdeen, only 10,000 turn up. Killie v Falkirk 5,900, Poor crowds, poor standard of football in my opinion.

As for me sounding like a hypocrite with regards Cardiff City playing in the English league, there is a very good reason for that. They ALWAYS have played in English leagues since they turned from amateur to professional. First they played in the Southern Leagues before being invited into the Football League Second Division.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. We both think the other is delusional and talking poop.

Echt Loon - Aberdeen's average attendance was the fifth largest in the Scottish 'PREMIERSHIP' at a whopping 11,000, That would put you on a par with Plymouth Argyle who were 23rd in average attendances in the Championship.

Bluebirds !!!!
So you admit that your first complete guess was out by factor of at least 300%?

Size of crowds also has nothing to do with quality of football or lack thereof.

Want to go down that route? The SPL, highest number of spectators per capita in Europe.

Largsgolf1974

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As someone who also grew up in Ireland, a couple of miles from the border I agree totally with the above.

I take offence with Celtic being referred to as terrorists. Mods can you not take a look at that.

[/QUOTE]

Didnt take you to long to be offended!!! pity you missed the part of my post that spoke about Ira flags, Eta flags etc?? did you get side tracked at that bit or just sweep it under the carpet.

Bottom line is both sets of fans have a minority who continually shame, just glad the majority are finally seeing sense.

oh and is it not offensive to refer to Rangers as "scotlands shame" or is this offensiveness that you talk of a one way street in this thread?

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
[/QUOTE]

Didnt take you to long to be offended!!! pity you missed the part of my post that spoke about Ira flags, Eta flags etc?? did you get side tracked at that bit or just sweep it under the carpet.

Bottom line is both sets of fans have a minority who continually shame, just glad the majority are finally seeing sense.

oh and is it not offensive to refer to Rangers as "scotlands shame" or is this offensiveness that you talk of a one way street in this thread?

[/QUOTE]

Believe me I take just as much offence of some diddy holding up my countrys flag and desacrating with it with what he did. Thats bang out off order. I not going to get any further into this argument here.

In my opinion the problem is on both sides. A small number of diddies let everybody else down. Many off the people at these games havent really got a clue on the histroy and contine to spout bile.

Bigots will always be bigots whether the support Celtic or Rangers there is now excuse.Period

Over and out.

PS Largs man check the golf day on 15th June in Muckhart. Its in the arrange a game thread. Might even by you a pint :eek: ;)