Champions elect v Scotlands Shame?

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm sorry but both teams are sh1te. The Scottish 'Premiership' is League One standard at best, maybe put Celtic and Rangers at Championship standard

I personally hope they never join the English Leagues.

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
aye that'l be why they get to the last 16 of the Champions league and into UEFA Cup finals even on limited budgets.....sure Bunley and Cardiff could do that.. ;)

Hang on, there's only 12 teams in your 'Top' division, the winners automatically qualify for Europe, and then the runners up go straight into the 2nd round of qualifying ( with teams like MTK Budapest, Brann, and Aalborg BK. So you can compare yourselves to teams like that if you want. But in reality the standard of Scottish football is dire compared to south of the border, you can admit to that can't you.

Top two sides not included, what's the average attendance for the Scottish Premier ? 3500 ?

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Gustavo you compared them to 'chmpionship standard'....my arse.
Also I am not sure who said anyhthing about being on a standard with MTK Budapest, Brann, and Aalborg BK....??
The scottish prem is dire compared to the EPL on a whole but to put The Old Firm at 'championship standard' is utterly utterly ludicrous.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Both the old firm teams would hold a position in the Premiership no problem.

Its the midtable ,lower table teams that wouldnt like it.
If both team , bad as they are started in the 4th teir, they would both go straight to teir 1 in 4 years, maybe an extra 1 to get out off the championship.

The english teams have the fear ofthe scottish teams as they know this as well and for them to play in england 2 teams would be out of the top teir in time to make way for them.

Todays game was pretty poor but then I watched a lot of poor premiership top of the table clashes.

I would love it, just love it if they get down south. It would also give the rest in Scotland a chance to win the league which can only help the game .

B

birdieman

It was a pathetic game in a pathetic league.

Just back in from the game and i have to say i enjoyed it :rolleyes:

I dont usually sing the praises of Scottish football but I did watch this one and I thought the standard was decent today. Defences were on top but the ball was knocked around the park accurately and at pace and the movement of both teams into space was good. The goal was well worked and finished well.

In contrast I saw the Millwall v Leeds gane which really was awful.

If Old Firm go to England the premiership money coming in would mean thay wouldn't have to be selling clubs any more and as their fan base is so big worldwide I think they would fare very well (top 6) withing 3 to 4 years of joining.

English clubs coming up to Glasgow would not take much away with them.

For the Welsh guy knocking them, what about the top Welsh clubs? They all play in the English league so why not Scottish ones too? :D

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
Gustavo you compared them to 'chmpionship standard'....my arse.
Also I am not sure who said anyhthing about being on a standard with MTK Budapest, Brann, and Aalborg BK....??
The scottish prem is dire compared to the EPL on a whole but to put The Old Firm at 'championship standard' is utterly utterly ludicrous.

Ha ! I mentioned those teams above, in reference to you stating that Celtic and Rangers must be great because they qualified for Europe as a result of winning or finishing second in their national league. Well so did those teams, and so did Llanelli, But that doesn't make them good football teams. The Old Firm teams would only be at the standard of anyone in the bottom 10 of the Prem ( at best ) and then down to the standard of anyone in the Championship. You have to take into account how tough it is to get to the Premiership, you only have to see in the Championship and below, there are no less than 22 teams that have been there that aren't there now.

There's no positive outcome out of the Old Firm being elevated into the Football League up from the poor level of Scottish football.

The only benefactors would be the Scottish clubs, who would be getting more money than they deserve.

Why should they be allowed into the FA ???

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
I would love it, just love it if they get down south. It would also give the rest in Scotland a chance to win the league which can only help the game .

Exactly. The whole league is absolute drivel, apart from the two well supported teams with a bit of money.

Are you suggesting that because the Old Firm are so much better than the rest of the teams, then they should be moved out of their own league ?

On that basis : Juve, AC Milan and Inter Milan should move out of Serie A.

Take Bayern out the Bundesliga, and while we're at it kick out Real and Barca from La Liga.

What the hell, why don't we form a European Super League.

I can see it now.................. " Tonight Live on Sky Sports Llanelli v Barcelona"

:D :D :D :D

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gustavo

Cardiff, Swansea are English are they?

So why is it ok for them to play in England?

Derry City play in the Republic of Irelands league as opposed to the northern league but I wont go into some of the reasons for that.

My point being that it happens already in football. Other clubs from other associations playing in a different league.

Its the smaller clubs that object most as they have the most to lose. On their both old firm teams could put it up to most preimeirship team.

This is a debate that will go on and on. I hope the old firm are allowed to make the move.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I don't recall saying they were great because they had qualified for europe.....good because they have had decent runs on limited budgets maybe..So on your basis the likes of Bolton,Man City,Villa,Everton should really have been having good runs in europe........lets see now that no been happening has it.

Your posts smack of a person who reads scottish results on T.V./Radio but really knows he haw about scottish football.To say they would be bottom ten standard again is ludicrous,these clubs given entry would be super powers in world football of that I have no doubt at all.....huge huge global following especially in Celtics case.

Stick to egg chasing Gustavo.

Anyhow its the day after and I'm still pissed of at the manner of our defeat! :(

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
If I supported either of the Old Firm I would be reporting them to trading standards as I am sure they a fakes. The couldn't fill the boots of either teams reserves in their respective glory years.

Largsgolf1974

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thoughts guys? Gonna be another tight one I feel but surely canny be as poor as the last 2 matches.
I'm going for 2-0 to The Hoops and Boyd going missing again...

Hail Hail.

Scotlands shame hahahahaha, yesterday we had 8000 idiots arrive at our stadium and not one saltire in the whole Celtc end, we had palestine flags, ETA flags, IRA flags, Basque flags, Cuban revolutionary flags and a few thousand Irish tri-colours......Rangers = Scotlands shame????....Dont make me laugh.

In short it was Rangers 1 terrorists 0

Largsgolf1974

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hang on, there's only 12 teams in your 'Top' division, the winners automatically qualify for Europe, and then the runners up go straight into the 2nd round of qualifying ( with teams like MTK Budapest, Brann, and Aalborg BK. So you can compare yourselves to teams like that if you want. But in reality the standard of Scottish football is dire compared to south of the border, you can admit to that can't you.

Top two sides not included, what's the average attendance for the Scottish Premier ? 3500 ?

[/QUOTE]

just wondering if you forgot how many top European teams have been defeated by the two old firm sides? maybe a little bit of knowledge would help your ignorance, why not start with having a look at the teams who have failed to win at Celtic park over the last 4 years (and im a Rangers fan) then take a look at the teams Rangers have defeated on their travels.

Her is a wee help.......Barcelona, Ac Milan, Inter milan, Liverpool, Man utd, Valencia, Villareal, Bayern Munich Psg, Psv, Fiorentina, Monaco, Sporting Lisbon, Leeds (when they were English champs) Marsielle (sp), Ajax, Feyenoord...etc etc etc

And dont forget, thats all been done on budgets that are less than the team who gets relegated from the championship!!!!

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes AF i'm a Dundee fan , my sons a Celtic Supporter like most kids that go to Catholic schools he also plays for Celtic boys so out of the two i wanted Celtic to win nothing wrong with that :) :)

Yerman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some of this is turning my stomach: Huns? Terrorists, I grew up in the North of Ireland a had a belly full of this sectarian crap. This is a golf website, it you cannot hold a civilised conversation -get lost!

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some of this is turning my stomach: Huns? Terrorists, I grew up in the North of Ireland a had a belly full of this sectarian crap. This is a golf website, it you cannot hold a civilised conversation -get lost!

As someone who also grew up in Ireland, a couple of miles from the border I agree totally with the above.

I take offence with Celtic being referred to as terrorists. Mods can you not take a look at that.

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
Gustavo, at least with your final comment, you proved you know absolutely nothing about Scottish football, which I have to say is nearly always the case with those waffling on about "awful Scottish football".

If you watched both leagues, you'd realise that outside the top 4 in England, there is nothing worth shouting about, and much as I hate to admit it, the ugly sisters would easily hold their own in the EPL, and that's even in their current guise, with both teams being about as weak as they've been since the 80s.