CDH Transfer

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I recently cancelled my membership at a club, and joined elsewhere. At the minute, my new club doesn’t seem to have a record of my handicap on the system.
What is the process that goes on behind the scenes to swap my handicap, and for it to become available....and how long should it take?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
It should take very little time. You need to tell your new club the name of your old club and, if known, your CDH number. Your old club then needs to be asked - by you or your new club - to transfer your playing record to the new club. This will allow the new club to know your position re competition handicap status.

The easiest way would have been to ask your old club to do this before you left.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So the new club have the CDH etc. I’ll see what the state is when I head up at the weekend.
Old club probably going to be a bit nobby about it, but we’ll see

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
You should really have known you own number and told your new club. Makes life easier for every one
However your new club can get it themselves from the CDH.
They should enter you on their system and the CDH will hold you as pending. You should/must also tell your old club you have left and they will release your CDH record and the system will transfer you to the new club.
If the membership conditions of the old club require you to serve out a period of notice you must tell your old club that you should me marked as an 'Away' member until the term expires.

Now please make sure you take note of your Lifetime CDH number!
I would guess that well over 50% of handicap queries I get are related to members not giving or not being asked for their old CDH number and ending up with two or more CDH records.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I gave the new club my CDH...they have it with them.
I guess they just need to action it!
Thanks for your help...