Caved in Hybrid face

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bought a lovely Adams Pro mini on the direct golf sale a few weeks back.

Lovely club which really complimented my current Adams Pro 2 hybrid.

Only had it on the course once and hit if 20-30 times down the range, but i noticed the other day i could not keep the thing flying straight for love nor money.

Looked at the face and it has totally caved in. I cracked a mates old Cally FTQ driver face once but just chucked him a few quid to replace.

Whats the best thing to do here?

Straight to Adams or back to DG?

Problem i have now is id prefer another club type, cant be worrying if it will happen again as it will distract m from trying to hit the thing. Even if i just get a refund from DG i only paid peanuts so i will have to fund any onward purchase.

any recommendations?

Ta

EDIT - Sorry mods Ta for moving

Last edited:

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Go back to DG and request a refund and see what happens. If it's more than 30 days, legally they only really have to offer a replacement or repair but may refund in good will. If they can't repair of replace they have to refund. Make sure its a true refund though, don't accept a credit note.

As it's within 6 months the law presumes the fault has been there since manufacture.

Last edited:

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
I had the same thing happen I sent it back to taylormade directly and they had a bit of a hissy fit as it didn't go back via a pro, they ended up replacing the head, but they are terrible to deal with and it took a couple of months.

I would ignore direct golf and ask your pro to send it back, or failing that send it back direct but make sure everything is signed for and be prepared to hound them.

Just as a positive the replacement is awesome and has had no issues.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had the same thing happen I sent it back to taylormade directly and they had a bit of a hissy fit as it didn't go back via a pro, they ended up replacing the head, but they are terrible to deal with and it took a couple of months.

I would ignore direct golf and ask your pro to send it back, or failing that send it back direct but make sure everything is signed for and be prepared to hound them.

Same club mate?

The Pro Mini?

Thats a peach of a dint you have put in yours. Beast mode!

kevster84

Head Pro
Visit site
Had to sent a club back and they replaced under warranty. Pain in the arse to contact them though so have to keep chasing and get their contact number. Let me know if you need it and I'll send it to you.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Same club mate?

The Pro Mini?

Thats a peach of a dint you have put in yours. Beast mode!
Yes it's a good one

I am sure it was Stenson that said fairways and utilites are not monitored to such tight tolerances as drivers so sometimes it's worth trying a few of the same model as you sometimes get one that is a bit faster of the face than the others.maybe these are prone to being thinner.

I would get it replaced and use it if it breaks again just send it back, the warranty will restart when they replace it.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had to sent a club back and they replaced under warranty. Pain in the arse to contact them though so have to keep chasing and get their contact number. Let me know if you need it and I'll send it to you.

Please mate

That would be great

In answer to your second post. I have had the Pro non-mini for about 18 months, favorite club in the bag and it has taken a serous pounding during its term in my bag

no issues with that

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm no expert but I believe your contract is with the seller (DG) rather than the manufacturer so I would suggest taking it back to DG and getting them to sort it out for you :thup:

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site

Can see it now.

"Hello Mr Pro. I know you had nothing to do with this sale because I went to a big trader and bought it from them cheap. Now it has f**ked up be a star and sort it out for me. I'll buy a few Mars bars next time I'm passing."

Go to DG and get them to sort it as that is where your contract lies.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Can see it now.

"Hello Mr Pro. I know you had nothing to do with this sale because I went to a big trader and bought it from them cheap. Now it has f**ked up be a star and sort it out for me. I'll buy a few Mars bars next time I'm passing."

Go to DG and get them to sort it as that is where your contract lies.

I was only posting as someone who has experienced the say thing incorporating my knowledge of what happeend what Taylormade said that led me to successful conclusion, but of course you know best.