Cat 1 handicap cuts

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

Does anyone know, can you have a general play cut that will take you down to Cat 1? I'm currently off 5.7 and shot 72 today (nett 66) against a par of 70 and CSS of 71. There was no competition on but I was submitting my first card for the winter eclectic. The eclectic is run by the pro shop but I've put a copy of my card into the secretary's letterbox and asked for a cut. Not sure if Cat 1's can be cut on general play?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does anyone know, can you have a general play cut that will take you down to Cat 1? I'm currently off 5.7 and shot 72 today (nett 66) against a par of 70 and CSS of 71. There was no competition on but I was submitting my first card for the winter eclectic. The eclectic is run by the pro shop but I've put a copy of my card into the secretary's letterbox and asked for a cut. Not sure if Cat 1's can be cut on general play?

couple of pointers

1. the guidleines are very specific that no-one can have any general play adjustment on the basis of one performance (whatever it is)
2. the formulaic Exceptional Scoring Reduction excludes Cat 1

I can't find anything that specifically excludes it; but to be honest I was very surprised, and wouldn't be surprised if I missed it somewhere!

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
As Duncan said, you cannot apply a General Play reduction based on one card. Any General Play adjustment which would move a Cat 2 player to Cat 1 has to be sanctioned by the County Union.

How was there a CSS if there was no comp?

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 1156

As Duncan said, you cannot apply a General Play reduction based on one card. How was there a CSS if there was no comp?

Sorry that was a typo, SSS not CSS.

Thanks guys, I didn't think I could get a cut but no harm in trying :-(

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
General Play is still alive and well but its use should now be less frequent in England with the use of ESR.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
ESR... its a git (5 shots I tell thee, still not recovered haha)

You said you weren't going on the sauce tonight. The absolute maximum ESR cut is 3 strokes - but then I said at the time that your club was out of order when they cut you as they did (but you did enjoy the moment). Happy birthday Tuesday - hope the weather man thinks the same.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk

Being honest, as far as i'm concerned, anything outwith competion, with a card in your hand, off the whites, I wouldn't consider for a cut.