Castle Stuart trip- info re pairings for Spey Valley & Nairn

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Copying this from thecraw's Castle Stuart thread for simplicity. Any preferences let me know, especially for Nairn on the Sunday if you're shooting home afterwards.

"Crawford/lads, on a semi serious note for once, I am actually gonna have my mates choose their own team partners at Spey Valley and would hope to pair them up with forumers of fairly similar handicaps so that they're not feeling too stressed trying to keep up with guys far better than them. There's nothing worse than playing off 24 and teeing it up beside someone off 2 to make you self conscious. It is their holiday after all and they're there for fun and a bit of a laugh but Spey Valley will be a chance to mingle and make introductions before the big day on Saturday.

I'll be doing the same at Nairn with all 48 guys. Basically you can choose your own playing partners and tee time according to your needs if you're playing that day. Just let me know if you have a preference, otherwise I'll just draw at random. That way, if you want to play with a particular forumer you get on well with or have never met and want to play with then you have the option.

I think MikeH might be holding a draw for Castle Stuart shortly. I'm actually quite excited about it. How sad am I? "

At Nairn we're out in 12 fourballs between 9.40am & 11.30am

Cheers

John

DCB

Visit site
Right then John,

I'm happy to be paired with KHW (Kenny Whyte) at Nairn, I think we'll make a reasonable pairing. We're travelling back down the road together on Sunday, so earlier rather than later in the draw would suite us best I suppose.

I'm off 12 and Kenny off 14.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not really bothered John TBH, but wouldn't mind teeing up with that suthen tw@t smiffy on one of the days if it suits as we haven't had the pleasure yet.

We're playing boat on the Monday so if we don't, then i'll tap him up for Mon

T

thecraw

The brothers "Ping" will be playing together.

thecraw & Algar5. Dream team, ham and eggs!

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cool. No probs lads. I've noted accordingly.

Just to avoid confusion, at Nairn, the Clarks Bar boys will be playing together in 4 fourballs, probably in the middle of the pack, leaving the forumers to play with whomever they want in the other 8 fourballs. Didn't want to give the impression another match was on the go. So pick away and I'll team you up with whomever you want in fours.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Be nice to play against a couple of the Jocko's as not likely to play with them again for some time.
Not Stuart though cos I think he's sick of the sight of me :)

T

thecraw

1. Iain J Gray (IainG)
2. Steve Clifford (Viscount17) (21)
3. Rob Smith (Smiffy) (12)
4. Dave Harris (Vig)
5. Chris Chapple (Grumpyjock)
6. Stuart Douglas (StuartD)
7. Ray Taylor (In place of HTL-through Smiffy)
8. Harvey Thomson (Tommo21) (6)
9. Brendan Nelson (Brendy) (9)
10. Simon Nelson (ChiefChief)
11. Anthony North (forefortheday)
12. Phil Medley (Whereditgo)
13. Sam Smith (SammmeBee)
14. Joe Simpson (cbtopof)
15. Patrick Sylvester (Patrick148) (11)
16. Andy Bain (Triguy)
17. Alan Russell (Algar5) (6)
18. Crawford Kilpatrick (thecraw) (5)

Can everyone on the list above post their handicaps please and if you have a preferred partner then let me know. It shouldnt be to hard to beat a bunch of pub drunks!

T

thecraw

Viscount17 and Grumpyjock will be a partnership! Guarenteed point from these two.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'll have to head down the road straight after the game on Sunday John, so an earlyish time would be good for me. I have no preference with regards to playing partners.