Castle Stuart trip- info re pairings for Spey Valley & Nairn

B

birdieman

I love the look of no. 11, bet it plays anything from sand wedge to 5 iron depending on the wind.

Wonderful looking course, will chew you lads who are going up and spit you out!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I love the look of no. 11, bet it plays anything from sand wedge to 5 iron depending on the wind.

I was thinking more along the lines of an easy 3 wood... :eek: :eek: :eek:

My Missus looked at the pictures, said "you're not playing there are you?" and started giggling.
:( :( :(

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow. Those photos of the course on Atticus's link show it in another light. All those "trompe d'oeil" greens could really play havoc with a man's game. They look like they'll cause a lot of second thoughts over the approach shots for fear of hitting it in the sea.

I think the trick'll be to use the rangefinder or the GPS and trust it, eh?

Smiffy, showing your wife pictures of golf courses, eh? Have you no shame, man.

T

thecraw

The most worrying thing about all these reviews and the links on Youtube is that everyone of them seem to have managed to get a great day weather wise.

Usually means that I'm guarenteed a stinker, force 10 with hail stones and sleet thrown in.

T

thecraw

Smithy & Ray Taylor
Viscount17 & Grumpyjock
thecraw & Algar5

Thats 3 pairings although these are subject to change depending on h/caps etc.

I believe we are a man down as Harvey is not playing at Spey Valley. A slight administration error by J_F. I think he was throwing us a bummer to try and claim a point on the day!

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
I believe we are a man down as Harvey is not playing at Spey Valley. A slight administration error by J_F.

It's under discussion with the man himself at the mo'. He did pay his deposit...but forgot momentarily. Watch this space.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I love the description of the 1st hole....

"Even though there is a gorse covered bank to the left and the Moray Firth to the right, this is a pretty wide fairway.The large bunker short right isn’t really in play from this tee"

How wrong am I going to prove him
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

triguy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Have no preference who I play with but don't mind a wee bit of cross border rivalry. Play off 6 at the moment but haven't swung a club since early November, still 2 feet of snow on the golf course here.

Andy