Castle Stuart reader/forum event - 24/4/10 - BOOKING NOW OPEN!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
If I could wangle the extra day I think I could be more tempted by Boat of Garten, but then I know nothing of the merits of the local courses.

I was tempted to play Boat but have been put off by the idea of possibly playing on tined greens and having preferred lies in operation. Nairn Dunbar looks a gorgeous track and I've been advised that there is more liklihood of this course playing better. Jury is out at the mo but it's looking favourite.

Just had a quick look at flights out of Gatwick to Inverness. Fly out Thursday, travel back either Monday or Tuesday...£60.58 return!! Can't be bad. I know it will cost extra to take clubs on board, but does anybody know what the robbing gits at EasyJet would charge for a set????

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Sleazyjet I think I am right in saying charge £18.50 each way.

It looks like I and 3 others will be playing Crieff in Perthshie on way up Friday(got a courtesy voucher to use up)and stay maybe Inverness Friday night then Castle Stuart Saturday followed by a night in Nairn then Nairn golf Sunday and drive back home afterwards.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
If I could wangle the extra day I think I could be more tempted by Boat of Garten, but then I know nothing of the merits of the local courses.

I was tempted to play Boat but have been put off by the idea of possibly playing on tined greens and having preferred lies in operation. Nairn Dunbar looks a gorgeous track and I've been advised that there is more liklihood of this course playing better. Jury is out at the mo but it's looking favourite.

Just had a quick look at flights out of Gatwick to Inverness. Fly out Thursday, travel back either Monday or Tuesday...£60.58 return!! Can't be bad. I know it will cost extra to take clubs on board, but does anybody know what the robbing gits at EasyJet would charge for a set????

If you start the booking procedure, on page 2 it says sports equipment £18

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Easyjet will charge less for a good set as they can sell them much quicker on E-bay. :D :D
Especially as the sweet spots on mine haven't been used yet.
:D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the "heads up" on the price of the luggage lads.
That makes it just on £83.00 return including the sticks.
Still a lot cheaper (and quicker and more comfortable) than driving.
Will be booking my flights within the next week or so....

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Good man Smiffy.

Anyone else for a knock round Nairn Dunbar on the Monday (weather permitting)? Not fussed whether it's morning or afternoon to be honest.
It looks a cracking course, and JF said that he may well join me as he played his golf there when he was younger and has confirmed it is a corker of a course.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
4 nights on the bevvy Smiffy? Will you's southerners manage that, or is the middle two on Irn Bru lol?

Andy

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any chance of a quick update on who's sent cheques Mike?
Just to let us know if they got there ok.

I was thinking the same. It's no use making travel plans if my payment isn't in the 60...

Having said that, i'd be happy to go for the other tracks but would like to know that it has been received

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got an e-mail today confirming receipt of my cheque, but then I did send a covering letter with it asking for him to do so................. :D

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know my cheque's still in the post...... cos' I only posted it this morning and the pillar box is full to overflowing and hasn't been emptied since Friday!