Castle Stuart reader/forum event - 24/4/10 - BOOKING NOW OPEN!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi all

I have confimed the date - Saturday April 24 - and the special green fee of £50 with Castle Stuart for the GM reader/forum event next year.

For more details on the course check out www.castlestuartgolf.com

The 1st tee time is at 12 noon and we then have 15 x fourballs teeing off in 10 minute intervals through to 2.30pm. We will endeavour to keep the later tee times for anyone flying or driving up that morning.

We are leaving it to everyone to source thier own travel and accomodation but it would be great to all meet up on either the Friday or Saturday (or both!) for a few beers.

I think John Findlay (and other locals) can advise on accomodawhere options and there may well be options for games the day before and after but for now I'd suggest getting your place booked as places are strictly on a first come first served basis with a maximum of 60 golfers.

To secure your space please send a cheque for £50 made payable to 'Castle Stuart Golf' and sent to GM HQ (address below)

Please include name, handicap and contact details(address/phone/email) with payment and send to...

Michael Weston
Golf Monthly
IPC Media
Blue Fin Building
110 Southwark Street
SE1 0SU

The £50 is non-refunbable but in the event that you cannot make the trip ypou can transfer your place in the event to a friend or resell via the forum.

Looking forward to what should be a great event

Any queries drop me a mail or post here

T

thecraw

Good gracious me, if my mathematics are correct that limits the field to 60 places!!!!!!

My chq will be in the post tonight!!!!!!!

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good gracious me, if my mathematics are correct that limits the field to 60 places!!!!!!

My chq will be in the post tonight!!!!!!!

Think its down to 59. I am sure viscount17 said somewhere that he was handing in his cheque today.

As i type my good lady is off to the po with mine already. Finally after all these years she has proved to be useful for something :eek: :D

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
54 :) maybe less, Is anyone else from here heading over?
Departing
Fri 23 Apr 2010Dep 10:00 Arr 11:05Belfast City (BHD) to Inverness (INV) Fare 4.54GBP Taxes and Charges 18.50GBP
Coming back
Sun 25 Apr 2010Dep 17:10 Arr 18:10Inverness (INV) to Belfast City (BHD) Fare 4.54GBP Taxes and Charges 38.40GBP

Total so far (GBP 65.98)
Clubs are another 22.50 each way so around 110 in flights isnt too bad considering the boat would be 100+ and then fuel and grub on the way!

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Slow down please, I have a couple of things to do before I can commit, but I surely want to, I hope they have not gone in the next few days as I cannot find out till then :(

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Slow down please, I have a couple of things to do before I can commit, but I surely want to, I hope they have not gone in the next few days as I cannot find out till then :(

Why not just send your cheque in now and if, for whatever reason, you can't make it, you can 'sell' your place on here. ;)

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Guys should we be keeping this for forum users and readers first and foremost before inviting mates, its better getting to know more forum members rather than sticking to little groups. I apologies if this isnt the case with those booking multiples.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Why not just send your cheque in now and if, for whatever reason, you can't make it, you can 'sell' your place on here. ;)

But I will know if I can make it in a couple of days ;)
Personally I think its wrong to book willy nilly on spec, unless you are 100 % sure to go (excepting ill health or family death.) as a late cancellation, which do happen for lesser reasons may spoil a chance for others.

If I can definitely make it, I will book it, if I am not 100% sure I wont take away or affect someone elses chances. ;) booking willy nilly moves goal posts. ;)

T

thecraw

Incidently Mike, when are you cashing the chqs?

Is it immediately or are you holding onto them for a while and banking them all or is it only to secure booking that you want a firm committment???

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pen hovering over the cheque book as I type

HTL and Smiffys odyssey up North, I can’t wait! By the way if you share a room with me I snore like a train after a few pints :p