Castle Stewart , accommodation ?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers, am looking forward to next year even more (y)

Sounds like you had a cracking time. Enjoy Prestwick in a couple of weeks time.
We were very dubious before hand, as Patrick said the weather had previously been a nightmare. We were lucky with our short hail shower, the temp dropped dramatically and the wind got up, any longer we would've had frost bite on one side of our face .
Another bonus the course was quite quiet we only got held up on a couple of par 3s for a few minutes, Our 4 ball only took 3.45 mins.
The guys are still raving about it , we're saving up already for the next visit.(y)

Attachments

• IMG-20191107-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20191107-WA0003.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 20

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We played Castle Stuart today Thursday, delighted to say the weather was great considering what it's been like recently, 6 degrees with only a slight breeze. And only a 10 minute hail shower when Patrick must'v had his dogs out for a short walk :D.
The course was in great nick, we were all really impressed well worth the money and travel, but next time we will arrange an extra game somewhere local the next day..

Patrick, fortunately i was only in the 1 bunker the right hand green-side @ the 17th, played out to 4 feet :love: but sadly a 4 , lipped out for my 3.
Delighted with 36 points from the green tees, considering my recent form it was a bit of a shock and minor miracle :p .
Some scary looking holes from the back tees :eek: especially for high handicappers. The white tees look manageable on a good calm day.
Highly recommend the course despite the 3 hour journey there and 4 hours back.(y)(y)(y)

CS gets some very strange weather at times, drizzling here most of the day.

TBH i thinks its a much better course off the white and even the black isn't that hard TBH as there is always plenty of run.

i can believe you only went in one bunker , theres not that many, yanks don't like bunkers;)

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers, am looking forward to next year even more (y)

Sounds like you had a cracking time. Enjoy Prestwick in a couple of weeks time.
Update- we played Old Prestwick today a wee bit dull and drizzly but not too bad. The course was in great nick and greens were fairly fast a lot more undulating than C.S .
The fairways still had lots of run, but having to using mats or lift to the semi rough wasn't ideal.
Not as scenic or lush as Castle Stuart but I found Prestwick more of a links course and a good bit harder than CS especially the deep bunkers and heavy wet sand, rough wasn't too bad unless well off line.
A disappointing 24 points for me with 3 blobs [ bunkers ] my PP had 37 points and halve the match :D. Luckily we got waved through by 3 members at the 5th, we whizzed round in 3-20 mins
Disappointed that the bar and catering doesn't open on a Monday :mad: .
As Jacko said £70 is probably about the price for this time of year with mats, I wouldn't rush back, much preferred Castle Stuart.

My mate got a call from SG on Friday offering him a 4 ball at Muirfield tomorrow Tuesday at 10-15, unfortunately none of us could make it , but fingers crossed for next time.

Attachments

• IMG-20191125-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20191125-WA0003.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-20191125-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20191125-WA0000.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 9

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Update- we played Old Prestwick today a wee bit dull and drizzly but not too bad. The course was in great nick and greens were fairly fast a lot more undulating than C.S .
The fairways still had lots of run, but having to using mats or lift to the semi rough wasn't ideal.
Not as scenic or lush as Castle Stuart but I found Prestwick more of a links course and a good bit harder than CS especially the deep bunkers and heavy wet sand, rough wasn't too bad unless well off line.
A disappointing 24 points for me with 3 blobs [ bunkers ] my PP had 37 points and halve the match :D. Luckily we got waved through by 3 members at the 5th, we whizzed round in 3-20 mins
Disappointed that the bar and catering doesn't open on a Monday :mad: .
As Jacko said £70 is probably about the price for this time of year with mats, I wouldn't rush back, much preferred Castle Stuart.

My mate got a call from SG on Friday offering him a 4 ball at Muirfield tomorrow Tuesday at 10-15, unfortunately none of us could make it , but fingers crossed for next time.
who ever said CS was hard, its not... its an american take on a links course.... what did you think of the car park???