Cast of legends...

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great watching the seniors from St Andrews... I mean, what's not to like watching our former heroes strutting their stuff... Freddie's swing still looks as good as ever... Not so sure about Vijay chipping/pitching crosshanded mind...

And, a bit concerned that some of those using the longer putters are close to 'anchoring'...
Great weather as well :thup:...

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Great watching the seniors from St Andrews... I mean, what's not to like watching our former heroes strutting their stuff... Freddie's swing still looks as good as ever... Not so sure about Vijay chipping/pitching crosshanded mind...

And, a bit concerned that some of those using the longer putters are close to 'anchoring'...
Great weather as well :thup:...

just seen VJ doing that... slippery slope if you ask me when you start that malarky.

David Toms Putting is a bit weird looking, like he slices it.

One of the guys from my group went down to qualify and missed it by one shot. gutted for him, even more so when he found out if he had got in his practice round would have been with Tom Watson:mad:

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
just seen VJ doing that... slippery slope if you ask me when you start that malarky.

David Toms Putting is a bit weird looking, like he slices it.

One of the guys from my group went down to qualify and missed it by one shot. gutted for him, even more so when he found out if he had got in his practice round would have been with Tom Watson:mad:

Been there done that with the crosshanded bit and it ain't easy to do for starters...

And, jeepers missing out on playing with TW who wouldn't be gutted...

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I watched a bit of this last night.

Unbelievable the time Bernhard Langer was taking over putts. Genuinely close to, or in excess of, 2 minutes.

I know slow play in general is something that has been mentioned a lot recently but it seems that nothing is being done to combat it.

Ultimately this is cheating and the rules are simply not enforced properly.

There should definitely be an onus on officials to pick this up much quicker, but also on playing partners to mention it or complain about it. I know that Monty did a few years ago when he was going for a Senior Major and playing with Langer.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I watched a bit of this last night.

Unbelievable the time Bernhard Langer was taking over putts. Genuinely close to, or in excess of, 2 minutes.

I know slow play in general is something that has been mentioned a lot recently but it seems that nothing is being done to combat it.

Ultimately this is cheating and the rules are simply not enforced properly.

There should definitely be an onus on officials to pick this up much quicker, but also on playing partners to mention it or complain about it. I know that Monty did a few years ago when he was going for a Senior Major and playing with Langer.

Er...Can you please give a reference to the Rule!

Breaking a Rule does not necessarily make a player a cheat! Which is what you appear to be saying!

Langer is a tediously methodical player, especially on greens! If his play is too slow, then officials should be called to ensure that he is playing according to the Conditions of Competition. Calling him, or any other players who may be playing too slowly, a cheat is OTT imo!

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Langer has 2 routines.....his normal one which is just under 2 mins and his other is 39 seconds for when he is being timed. Plays to the ‘Rules’!!

His putting stroke is another matter!!!!

D

Deleted member 18588

Langer has 2 routines.....his normal one which is just under 2 mins and his other is 39 seconds for when he is being timed. Plays to the ‘Rules’!!

Noticeable that the TV cameras never seem to provide a close up of his action.

Is that for fear of confirming some people's suspicions?

D

Deleted member 15344

Do we really think Langer is going to be anchoring knowing the cameras are on him but even then the guy is that precise with everything he does I think we can trust his honest and integrity to be safe that he isn’t breaking any rule - this is Langer we are talking about not some unknown spotty teenager

As for the Comp - it’s great seeing all these players that I used to watch as a kid

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Noticeable that the TV cameras never seem to provide a close up of his action.

Is that for fear of confirming some people's suspicions?

Come on chaps. You should know by now that you can not question Bernhard. Nobody can question Bernhard, it is the law. Stop thinking those unclean thoughts.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I genuinely don’t think he is anchoring.

But it as for the time he takes, as I said the rules are not enforced properly. The guy should be on the clock on the 1st tee. He gains a clear advantage by taking ages over shots and breaks up any rhythm his playing partners may be trying to gain.

personally I would make a big fuss and threaten to not sign his scorecard, just so that the officials got onto him early in the round.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Good win for crusty.

Langer does not anchor. His top hand has a nasty jerk as he hits the putt. I guess it was why he anchored. Still does it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Delighted to see Jimenez win.

A great character and a great win. I am sure the issue of Langer "anchoring" must have come up at Senior ET HQ and his action studied in detail and reviewed, similar to bowlers accused of chucking. The tour seem happy and so whether it seems he is or not is irrelevant. Personally I think he's pushing the it to the absolute limit. As for his pace of play, its always been snails pace even when he was on the main tour and he does seem to have a knack of getting away with not being on the clock a lot. That doesn't seem right

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
And hardly a mention of it on the BBC website. So much for their interest in sport. But if it was ladies' kayaking or women's one-legged bowling, then it would be all over BBC2 and their sites. And we're funding this through the licence fee.