First round of golf with Ping i25's after being fitted courtesy of GM & Ping...

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Re: First round of golf with Ping i25's after being fitted courtesy of GM & Ping

Had a Ping Demo Day today so booked in for a 40 min session to try the S55's and I25's with various shafts etc to see if i would get much more from the clubs compared to my current ones

First tried the S55's in carious shafts - first a regular CFS - it felt very light ( which im not a fan off ) , lots of balls leaking right but the fitter was expecting that , the ball felt different coming of the face , a bit hard. So went onto the KBS Tour and S300 - The KBS tour gave better results than the S300 which i was surprised at. Nice ball flight - nice tight dispersion and distance i would expect with a 7 Iron - again the ball felt a bit hard coming of the face but i really liked the look of them at address.

Then onto the I25s - straight onto the KBS Tour shaft and the results was good again - a bit further in distance but dispersion not as tight ( but nothing to worry about ) and the ball felt a lot softer of the face , felt sweeter when hitting the ball , a little higher ball flight and a bit more spin. The S300 shaft wasnt much difference - just dispersion wasnt as good. The clubs felt nice - nice weight but im not a big fan of them at address - they just dont look as crisp and thin.

The fitter then showed me the difference between my clubs and both the I25's and S55's - the numbers suggested that the S55's were the club for me with a KBS tour shaft with blue dot - my clubs went 2 yards on average further and near enough the same dispersion , ball flight and spin. The I25's went a bit further but he was expecting that.

So overall the Ping fitter was quite honest and said that there is no performance related reason for me to change - only reason would be just to have new shineys - impressed with the fitter , very open and certainly not pushy.

was that at Woburn Phil? Just for 1 day?

D

Deleted member 15344

Re: First round of golf with Ping i25's after being fitted courtesy of GM & Ping

ah ok, wish id known :(

Sorry mate could have let you know - can speak to Maurice for you to find out when the next one is ?

Im sure Wobrun do have some Demo days coming up

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Sorry mate could have let you know - can speak to Maurice for you to find out when the next one is ?

Im sure Wobrun do have some Demo days coming up

its ok, im trying to get the ketsch putter and struggling, wouldve popped in off the off chance they actually had one in the right spec. Ill get one in a few weeks now anyway (if they finally keep their promises lol)

D

Deleted member 15344

its ok, im trying to get the ketsch putter and struggling, wouldve popped in off the off chance they actually had one in the right spec. Ill get one in a few weeks now anyway (if they finally keep their promises lol)

I can ask for you at least if you know your spec ?

I dont think he had putters today though

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I can ask for you at least if you know your spec ?

I dont think he had putters today though

ah ok no worries

(35" straight stroke type if he has them ;) ) as i say got one on order which shouldnt be too much longer now

D

Deleted member 15344

ah ok no worries

(35" straight stroke type if he has them ;) ) as i say got one on order which shouldnt be too much longer now

Will ask tomorrow for you :thup: