Car advice

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi,

at the moment I have a s reg Ford Mondeo LX estate 2ltr, looking to scrap it and pick up another cheap run around with a lower power engine . I don't spend more than £500 quid on a car , as it is only to go to golf and back.

Are there any good scrap sites to use to get rid off it as I am guessing no one would want it part ex? It still works but I reckon that the mot will be around £100 to get it through.

Cheers for any help

Midnight...

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Google car dismantlers in your area ask them if they would take it, dont understand GB reg numbers so dont know how old it is , just remember if you scraping it to notify the DVLA (is it ) or you will be responsible for car tax etc , you may have to send log book back , over here you have to notify them & send log book back .. lads were giving the breaker the log book , some of them sold on the car , the new owner didnt change over the details , you would end up geting parking/speeding fines etc..

Anders

Medal Winner
Visit site
Try the back of your local papers, usually two or three adverts for people buying any car for cash. Just make sure you keep the part of the vehicle registration form to say you've sold it, and sign it and send it off yourself.