3 month car lease/rental

Albo

Visit site
Evening all,
Bit of a random one, we are getting a new car via a work scheme, delivery date for car is showing as June, the current car goes back end of this month, so I’ve a 3 month car gap to fill, looking around at options, all look rather expensive but it is what it is I suppose.
Anyone been in this or a similar situation offer any advice?

Appreciated in advance

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Might be cheaper to ask can you keep the current car for 3 months. Done it a few times when the new car wasn’t due till well after the current lease was due to expire.

Albo

Visit site
Might be cheaper to ask can you keep the current car for 3 months. Done it a few times when the new car wasn’t due till well after the current lease was due to expire.
Unfortunately the car is with her work and she’s leaving so that’s a none starter

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is it worth buying a cheap run around and then selling it when the new car arrives? Plenty of options on Autotrader for less than £1500 and you'd get most, if not all, of that back when you sold it at the end of the three months. Even if you bought something for £1500 and sold it for £900 (worst case scenario) after three months, are you going to find a hire/rental car cheaper than £200 a month?

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
Evening all,
Bit of a random one, we are getting a new car via a work scheme, delivery date for car is showing as June, the current car goes back end of this month, so I’ve a 3 month car gap to fill, looking around at options, all look rather expensive but it is what it is I suppose.
Anyone been in this or a similar situation offer any advice?

Appreciated in advance
Was doing some work with Hyundai last year and heard about their Mocean subscription service - may work for you.

I have not used it, or really looked at it, so can’t comment on it from experience, but seemed like the open ended nature of it might suit if there is a chance of a delay on the new car arriving.

Albo

Visit site
Thank you for that.

Having a Quick Look it’s saying no cars available in my area right now?!
I’ll do so more digging