Captain gift

Belle

Visit site
Hi I really need some help my boyfriend is going to be captain at his club next year and I wanted to get him a good luck/keepsake as I have no clue when it comes to golf I was thinking Cuff links am I way off the mark any help would be great thank you x

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi Belle.

If he wears double-cuff shirts then cuff links are a nice gift. However, he won't be wearing them on the course. Something like a customised ball marker or divot repair tool with a personal message from you could be nice. It's be something he would use on pretty much every hole he plays.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Titlest are doing free personalisation of golf balls when u buy a certain ammount . Have a peek in his golf bag see if he uses titleist balls. Pop into a good retailer or on course shop ig his club has one and ul get sorted no bother
Club logo 1 side captain 2020 the other. Or golf bag with club logo and captain 2020 on it might last longer 😊
Only u know or a good golfing mate would know if he likes that or not

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Time and tolerance are the most valuable things to give imo!

It's only 1 year (and a teeny bit before and after) but it can be very busy at times, which puts pressure on everything (and everyone) else that/who is important in his life.

I wish both of you well for the experience.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Not sure what your budget is Belle but me i like the ' time at the course and no bending ear idea' . The time he will need to donate will be plenty. But i also like the bench idea or something on the course that is timeless.
good luck me duck.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Time and tolerance are the most valuable things to give imo!

It's only 1 year (and a teeny bit before and after) but it can be very busy at times, which puts pressure on everything (and everyone) else that/who is important in his life.

I wish both of you well for the experience.
I'd agree with this. My other half was very supportive during my time as Captain and that helps a lot. It's a busy time with lots of meetings and time at the club. Being understanding and realising that to do the job properly requires a lot of commitment and therefore support means a lot. Looking back now I really appreciate how understanding she was.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
If he likes cufflinks, why not put the above ideas together and buy him some with both of your initials and a link to the golf club inscribed on them, and tell him that they are a dedication that you will support him through the year of his captaincy.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Personalised head-cover?

Personalised ball-marker - you can get services where they will print anything (within reason) - we got some recently with our society logo printed on them.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm surprised at the love for cuff links. It must be 5 yrs plus since I've worn a shirt that needs them, could be longer. Are you lovers of them going to endless black tie events or are you wearing them for work?