Canada Holiday

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The wife has always wanted to go to Canada, so had decided for her ahem, certain age birthday, we are going. She went to a travel agent this week to price up. Go on have a guess......nope not even close. £15k for the both of us! Bonkers. Despite me saying that if it's what she wants let's go, the price has really slammed on the brakes on the idea. Any suggestions on how to get this down? Nope she does know what she actually wants to do or see before we go down that path.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Need some more details. How long? Where to? Accommodation?
It may be worth looking at the firms that hire motorhomes if you want to see a lot of the country. Greta way to travel and something we considered (until my wife decided she wanted to go to Japan instead!)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We went in the summer, west side, for two weeks. Vancouver, Vancouver Island, Whistler, Sun Peaks, Banff. Stayed in nice hotels, did every trip, car hire, the works. We paid less than this quote for 4 adults.

Give a bit more info about where you want to go and how long for.

Try someone like Trailfinders. They put these together all the time but are flexible enough to tweak bits to suit you.

Feel free to ask questions, everything is still very fresh in my mind and there are definitely choices to be made about locations, what to do etc.

It's a brilliant place by the way, we loved it. Exchange rate is pretty good right now as well.

RichA

Visit site
I haven't been, but plenty of friends and relatives have.
It takes a certain willingness to go with the flow and not worry about itineraries, but I believe it's easy and fairly economical to hire cars and book decent motels as you go.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I haven't been, but plenty of friends and relatives have.
It takes a certain willingness to go with the flow and not worry about itineraries, but I believe it's easy and fairly economical to hire cars and book decent motels as you go.
Very much depends when you go. In peak summer or ski season, that's a big risk. If you are going slightly off peak, no problem.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
The wife has always wanted to go to Canada, so had decided for her ahem, certain age birthday, we are going. She went to a travel agent this week to price up. Go on have a guess......nope not even close. £15k for the both of us! Bonkers. Despite me saying that if it's what she wants let's go, the price has really slammed on the brakes on the idea. Any suggestions on how to get this down? Nope she does know what she actually wants to do or see before we go down that path.
We were lucky invited 3 times to stay with friends just out Toronto.
We had a great time with them chauffeuring us around all the tourist places , free .