Can I see your handicap certificates please?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Slow play isn't related to handicap. I know some very slow low handicappers and some very quick high handicappers

Very good point. My handicap is 28 and I play fast (prob why im still off 28 lol) however some of the slowest golfers in my society are 8-10 handicappers.

Feel free to ask for my handicap certificate though.. my mate is a course pro he made me a 20 one just in case lol

jdpjamesp

Q-School Graduate
www.jdpalmer.co.uk
Why do clubs (and in my experience some pretty high profile clubs too) waive or simply ignore this? It might just stop the hellish frustration felt on what should be enjoyable society days if the presentation of a current certificate was always required.
I'd be very against this being introduced to be honest. I'm not a member of a club. I have young kids and therefore don't have the time to play regularly enough to justify the outlay. I certainly don't have the time to play comps etc. As a result I don't have a handicap certificate. Yes I'm a hacker, technically, but I can keep pace with other groups on the course when I do get to play. Why should I be banned from playing good courses?