Can anyone identify this spider? (Warning to arachnaphobes - picture enclosed)

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Snakes and spiders are quality! Do an amazing job of regulating insect, amphibian and rodent populations.

Over here in the UK there is nothing to worry about for me. Take a trip to ?? or ?? and then you might have a little rectal clench in the wrong situation….

Did I mention scorpions ?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
When we were motorhoming it in Queensland back in 2020 a huntsman spider decided it rather liked our motorhome and joined us for a few days.
I've heard that the Huntsman is actually the most dangerous spider in Oz because it has a habit of hiding in cars, and then the driver crashes when it makes an appearance!

Also, the animal responsible for the greatest number of fatalities in Oz isn't a spider, snake, shark or jellyfish.
It's the horse - because of people falling off them.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I've heard that the Huntsman is actually the most dangerous spider in Oz because it has a habit of hiding in cars, and then the driver crashes when it makes an appearance!

Also, the animal responsible for the greatest number of fatalities in Oz isn't a spider, snake, shark or jellyfish.
It's the horse - because of people falling off them.
That’s exactly what was spooking me out.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Snakes and spiders are quality! Do an amazing job of regulating insect, amphibian and rodent populations.

Over here in the UK there is nothing to worry about for me. Take a trip to ?? or ?? and then you might have a little rectal clench in the wrong situation….

Did I mention scorpions ?

England is pretty crap when it comes to dangerous animals - the scariest is probably a slightly grumpy duck

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Spiders are cool. Do a great job for us. Nothing over here will kill you so don’t worry about it. If you have to move it. Catch it in a glass and move it outside - Don’t kill it.

there's the rub. At this time of the year chuck it outside and it will probably die anyway.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We get some pretty big ones as it's an old house with plenty of hiding places. I'm in favour of them, they are eating att the unpleasant insects in the house. Ivegot the wife to change her habits, rather than just chuck them outside, she now puts them in her greenhouse.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Adder bites can be unpleasant. I know of a couple of people who were bitten around here last summer and needed hospital treatment.

I thought we couldn't mention 'politians'; by far more dangerous to the public than snakes and spiders

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
How do you feel about snakes?

Had a few in the garden, one a Montpellier of around 5ft in length. Only mildly poisonous but Mrs Hobbit did hit top C when she spotted it.

I was bitten by an adder many years ago. Felt cwap for a few hours afterwards.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Moved some coal on Sunday morning, when I picked up the last bag out of my wheel barrow a mahoosive spider was stood looking at me. I tipped all the bits outta me Barra on the floor and the Spider legged it straight into the garage. I will probably find it in my golf bag later today ?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Moved some coal on Sunday morning, when I picked up the last bag out of my wheel barrow a mahoosive spider was stood looking at me. I tipped all the bits outta me Barra on the floor and the Spider legged it straight into the garage. I will probably find it in my golf bag later today ?

Or in yer crocs ?️?️?️?️?️?️