Camillo Villegas

B

birdieman

He is my new hate figure in golf.

Did anyone see the 3rd round of the Wachovia. He was trying to play out of some rough on the edge of a stream, proceeded to duff it totally, moving the ball into the water 15 yards ahead of him, then nonchalently tossed the club fully into the water and walked off, leaving his caddie, already laden down with a tour bag to bend down awkwardly on a steep stream edge to fish it out. If I had been his caddie I'd have left it right there, I kid you not.

Made me really mad to see someone treat someone else so poorly on a golf course. That should not be part of a caddies job.

Grrr. :mad:

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
You know what, that is a big pet hate of mine, when i see players treating caddies as slaves.

You know what really bugs me, when a plyer takes a big divot, chucks his club to his caddie and then walks off, leaving his caddie to clean his club, put it away, walk 15 yards, pick up the divot, walk back 15 yards, repair it, then run down the fairway to catch him up. Grrr

Why couldn't the player just chuck his caddie the divot and then wait for him, then walk up the fairway together and discuss the last/next shot.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
of course they could, but everyone is moaning about slow play, how much time you think it will put on a round each time my above post happens.
Also i just think its a lack of manners and I hate bad manners!

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I get the point about "it's his job" but a bit of respect and good manners does no harm.

At my place of work my boss knows what my job is but he still treats me with the respect both he and I feel I deserve.

He may be my boss, I may be his employee. His lackie I am most definitely not!

I think some golfers are getting the similar mentality as Premiership footballers I hate to say. Easy money, no manners or respect for anyone. Even the guys who help them to earn their money.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm sure he doesn't care one iota what his caddie thinks, he'll just get another. With $4m in career winnings but hardly anything of any note; he typifies the under current on the pro scene of uninteresting and low achieving prats who think they are god. The kid can hit a long ball, the rest is all low-talent showmanship.....

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No way Pete!!!

I would love to think that later,when he had time to reflect and understand what he did,maybe with some adult help,that he would apologise as he should do.

Sadly,not holding my breath though.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never been a fan of this guy, either. All seems to be show and no real content with him. Obviously happy to plod round with top 20's like many of the current breed on the PGA Tour. The incident that Birdieman has just conveyed has just confirmed my feelings of him. Not the behaviour of a gentleman.

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
can't stand the man,i think if i was his caddie getting paid or not i would have wrapped the club round his head after i got it out of the water and told him to shove his job.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'd like to see the PGA and European tour introduce some sort of code of conduct. I know the European Tour has a players committee (I presume the PGA does too) and I think they should be self-regulating their tour members and fining for acts of petulance, spitting etc

He is a mediocre walking hoarding without the game to actually compete at the highest level and content to be a journeyman. I think had the caddy been Pete Coleman or one of the other old school carriers he would have found the retrieved club inserted into an unplayable lie and the bag left alone at the side of the fairway as the caddy withdrew his labour