callaway warbird terrible

markgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Today i found a callaway warbird in the semi rough. I though i would give it a knock with an iron to see what it was like, it must have been the hardiest golf ball i have ever hit it made a pinnacle feel like a pro v1. Anyone else have a though on them

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Today i found a callaway warbird in the semi rough. I though i would give it a knock with an iron to see what it was like, it must have been the hardiest golf ball i have ever hit it made a pinnacle feel like a pro v1. Anyone else have a though on them

there have been a large number of Callaway balls with 'Warbird' in their name over recent years - and they have had a range of constructions.

the same applies to 'Pinnacles' - some are identical (but differently badged) to other Acushnet brands...inc Titliest (but not the ProV's!). The Pinnacle Gold exception is the same ball as the old NXT as an example.

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If you want a cheap ball you wont beat the Pinnacle Gold Precision, very underrated, soft and with feel around the greens. Slightly better are the Srixon soft feels and then the AD333's both of which are comparable to the Wilson DX2/3s and Bridgestone E5/6's.

Unfortunately with the cheap Callaways, Nikes, TM's and Titleists you're paying for the name rather than the quality of the ball.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Round white and disappears easily into the rough. Pretty much how I get on with most balls. They are an all out distance ball plain and simple. Combine with the older Cobra drivers and you need ear plugs!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
My son found a Warbird the other week. It added a lot of distance to his drives......... but he couldn't stop it on the green anywhere near to his satisfaction, or the AD333 he normally uses....

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
I used one recently on a bounce round and couldn't believe how straight and high it went off the driver.it was like using a new club. Usually use a premium ball of some sort

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I quite like them, good ball.

I like most Callaway offerings, as well as Srixon. Just been given some branded Titleist DT Solos too, so will give them a bash.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
You guys obviously never hit Dunlop DDH 110s or Double Titaniums!

Or far and away the hardest ball of all Molitor 440s!

Warbirds sem to be the current rocks of Callaway's brand, but I find all Callaways too hard - even their premium balls.. Likewise Nikes.

Diamond

Visit site
I had a £10 voucher for American Golf so looked into getting some Callaway Golf Balls. The only ones they had in stock were the Warbird so I bought them. Havent used them yet but I am hoping they are not as bad as people have mentioned in this post from 2013. Extra distance is one thing but I dont want a ball that is hard to stop with the way the greens are currently running. I also hit massive slices as is and have found the Chromeseoft seems less spinny than the Bridgestones I have been using.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a £10 voucher for American Golf so looked into getting some Callaway Golf Balls. The only ones they had in stock were the Warbird so I bought them. Havent used them yet but I am hoping they are not as bad as people have mentioned in this post from 2013. Extra distance is one thing but I dont want a ball that is hard to stop with the way the greens are currently running. I also hit massive slices as is and have found the Chromeseoft seems less spinny than the Bridgestones I have been using.
I highly doubt it's the exact same ball 7 years later, but they're probably still going to be hard by comparison to others.

Diamond

Visit site
Thats what I am hoping. I might have to try one tomorrow before our first competition of the season on Saturday.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Gutted! When I saw this thread I thought the OP was back. He was quality entertainment, dug himself some mahoosive holes then had to make up cover up stories to get out of them :ROFLMAO:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thats what I am hoping. I might have to try one tomorrow before our first competition of the season on Saturday.
Do you get much backspinon the greens? I speak as someone who doesn't get any unless it is winter and the greens are ridiculously receptive so don't take the hump :D. You may be worrying about a lack of spin for nothing if it is not massively relevant to you in reality. If you really don't like them then put them away for winter use.