callaway warbird terrible

Diamond

Visit site
Do you get much backspinon the greens? I speak as someone who doesn't get any unless it is winter and the greens are ridiculously receptive so don't take the hump :D. You may be worrying about a lack of spin for nothing if it is not massively relevant to you in reality. If you really don't like them then put them away for winter use.

Not really but my new lob wedge seems to help me get some spin. I am more concerned with how my big slice will be even more problematic with the warbirds.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not really but my new lob wedge seems to help me get some spin. I am more concerned with how my big slice will be even more problematic with the warbirds.
There will be some proper people along at some point who really know their stuff about balls but if this is sold as a distance ball then spin of any type will not be big with this ball. A slice is big on side spin so if this ball does not spin it may help on that front. The benefit of that should outweight the usefulness of spin with your lob wedge. A judgement call from your end as to which is more useful but I know what I would be wanting it to do more (not slice (y)). If I have got this wrong someone will be along shortly to correct me.

sunshine

Visit site
I typically group balls into three categories: premium, mid-range, budget. Eg. for Srixon this is Z-star premium, AD333 mid-range, Distance / Soft feel budget. You can only really compare brands in the same category.

Anyway, Warbird for me has always been the worst budget ball from the major manufacturers. Just rocks. Even the newer ones (got a sleeve as a freebie) just feel horrible off the club face.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Luxury! I used to play a Penfold Commando!
iu

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Be interesting to see how the Warbird played. Definitely in the solid category and with the courses being a little hard, some even fiery, and greens firm I can't see to many characteristics in the Warbirds that are going to help even a well struck shot

Diamond

Visit site
Be interesting to see how the Warbird played. Definitely in the solid category and with the courses being a little hard, some even fiery, and greens firm I can't see to many characteristics in the Warbirds that are going to help even a well struck shot
Absolutely shocking! Worst I have played for some time!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When it comes to golf ball choice

I had a mate (sadly no longer with us) who would not play any thing other than a Topflite XL (or similar)

He never needed to buy any balls because every used to chuck their found rocks to him.