Callaway Triple Track Putter

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Seen a few videos today about the new Callaway putters that incorporate the same triple track lines their ERC and chrome soft balls use to help you line the ball and putter up better

I also like the fact they've continued with their #10 style which is basically a Spider copy from the Toulon range which I found so stable when I tried it. I think the triple track on a two ball could go one of two ways and either look far too busy or take the two ball concept to a new level. Really interested to see one of these in the flesh, try them with the new firmer face and see how the triple track concept works, especially on breaking putts. I'd like to aim the ball on the break point and see if it really make a difference and also how it performs on the 3-4 footers and whether it makes holing out easier.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Looks horrendous, too many lines. What happened to the art of putting? Cant see many pro's putting this in the bag. Simply a gimmick which will help Callaway's ball count

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's hardly anything new. People have been drawing lines on their balls now for years and how many putters have a long alignment line?

Will it be easy to line up? Yes
Will it make you a better putter? Probably not. Maybe.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It's a bit of marketing hype, that's all. As above, lots of putters have lines on them already. Probably someone in marketing thought it would be a good way for people to buy matching kit.

AdamW

Visit site
Looks horrendous, too many lines. What happened to the art of putting? Cant see many pro's putting this in the bag. Simply a gimmick which will help Callaway's ball count

Think you have hit the nail on the head the ball sales will go through the roof with this

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
To make it "work" you need Callaways ERC Soft or Chromesoft X so if you dont play either there's no point.
Odyssey dont need to do this
Their alignment patterns on their potters are good enough as it is.
It strikes me that they've run out of ideas - with the number of head shapes they've had down the years there's not much they haven't tried
Red Ball was another that bombed...I think this will too

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am not a fan of lining up using a line on a ball. Especially when others have a couple of goes o get it right wasting time on the green. This can only make things worse.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
2 sets of lining g up to do....excellent!
And the triple track balls look weird when you're on the fairway or in the rough and the lines aren't pointing in the right direction.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Okay, I'll say it. I quite like it. It is not that much difference to the usual Odyssey offerings. I like a line to help me bring the putter back straight and I can see how this would work. It helps give this club a distinct look, tieing in with the ball marketing, but you can use it with any ball. In a field where it is hard to be distinctive they have done well.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bit of a gimmick obviously. I watched Rick Shiels' review on it last night. He said it was superb for putting alignment, but on the negative side, you're locked into using Callaway balls which he didn't rate, and also, if you're playing a chip and alignment lines are pointing off at the wrong angle that could actually put you off your alignment. Both of which I think are fair comments.