Buying Golf Balls

Fabia999

Visit site
Hi All,

I was wondering where you buy your golf balls from, how much do you pay and for what ball?

As it's around £30+ per box (chrome soft, pro v1s etc) it'll be nice to find the best places to buy them from.

note: I tried to find a similar thread however searching "buying golf ball" came up with a lot.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I order them from Clubhouse Golf. It's just convenient to get them delivered. At the moment my preference is Titleist Velocity which are £23 a box on there.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Keep an eye out for good deals. Srixon 4 for 3 and lately 3 for 2 are decent .
Usually older models of premium balls can be had for sub 20 quid.
Scotsdale
Clubhouse
Golfdepot
Are a few good places
I got 4 doz ad333 tour for £74 from scotsdale

I'd steer clear of refurbished balls.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
As per above,

Currently the best offer if buying new is the Srixon 3 for 2 offer. I just ordered 6 dozen Z Star XV's for 120 quid.

If you get something like the AD333 Tour then you'll get 3 dozen for 50 quid delivered. Bargain.

I always stockpile during such offers, I did the Pro V1 Loyalty Rewarded offer a few months back under two separate names so I now have 8 dozen 2019 Pro V1 X's and 6 Dozen 2019 Z Star XV's. Probably see me right for a year and allow me to replenish the practice bag with new model worn balls.

Man cave moreso resembles a pro-shop now but thats what I like.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
As per above,

Currently the best offer if buying new is the Srixon 3 for 2 offer. I just ordered 6 dozen Z Star XV's for 120 quid.

If you get something like the AD333 Tour then you'll get 3 dozen for 50 quid delivered. Bargain.

I always stockpile during such offers, I did the Pro V1 Loyalty Rewarded offer a few months back under two separate names so I now have 8 dozen 2019 Pro V1 X's and 6 Dozen 2019 Z Star XV's. Probably see me right for a year and allow me to replenish the practice bag with new model worn balls.

Man cave moreso resembles a pro-shop now but thats what I like.
blimey, you must lose a few;)

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
blimey, you must lose a few;)

I won 120 quid on captains day so have nothing much else to waste money on.

I don't lose many balls to be fair maybe 1 every 3 rounds at worse sometimes it feels like forever but after a round of use i'll chuck the balls into the summer shag bag for practice and practice rounds. And then older model balls can shuffle into the winter shag bag. Always need practice balls.

I like to convince myself its a sensible system but I fear its likely not perceived that way.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I also just took advantage of the Srixon offer.

Got 3 dozen Z Star XV's from Clubhouse golf for £70. £23 per dozen for a tour quality ball is the best you are going to get really.

Or you could do down the Vice route and buy in bulk.

I also have picked up Chrome Softs for £23 a dozen when on sale on Amazon but they dont suit my new putter insert as too soft feeling for me and the MGS findings did put me off a little :ROFLMAO:

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
I've just ordered three dozen Ultisofts on the 3 for 2 offer but I do tend to get through a hell of a lot of balls.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Vice balls are good value - if you don’t read the threads about the discolouration/scuffing issues 🤪

I have vice drive and not had any issues with them, cheap, quick delivery and you can also get them personalised for a few pence more

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wait until a retailer drops some on off and dive in. Bridgestone Extra Soft, £12 a doz about two months ago. Problem is I find loads as well so I'm rather swamped with balls at the mo.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I usually get a few boxes of Chromesofts after Xmas when they they are offloading the previous seasons balls. Usually get them @around £23 a dozen

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just ordered three boxes of Srixon AD333 Tour for £50 on the current 3 for 2 offer. As mentioned above the Z-Stars work out at around £23 a box, which is great value for a premium ball.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Depends on budget etc. but Clubhouse golf usually have some deals. As a very general rule of thumb most latest version of premium balls won't be much under £35 but if you can get the previous incarnation you should be able to get those around £30. If you want something like AD333 tour then they'll definitely be around the £30 mark

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Keeping an eye out for deals really is the way to go.

I bought the Chrome Softs from sports direct when they had a one day 20% off everything.

Sadly I found I di not like the new model so they were easy to resell because of what I paid for them.

My last purchase was for Prov1s in the 4 dozen for the price of 3 they did earlier this year, but I was just using up Pro shop credit.

Prior to that Wilson DX3 Urethane 3 dozen for £66 on clearance.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
https://www.premierlakeballs.com/ been using them for a few years now. Scott is brilliant at customer service!

I don't play often, have a shonky swing yet still regularly shoot mid-high 80s when i go to a full course.

I always get the highest quality balls they offer and have yet to be disappointed.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
https://www.premierlakeballs.com/ been using them for a few years now. Scott is brilliant at customer service!

I don't play often, have a shonky swing yet still regularly shoot mid-high 80s when i go to a full course.

I always get the highest quality balls they offer and have yet to be disappointed.

im sure they are fine, but the pearl or not much cheaper than new, infact a quick look shows the AD333 tour is more expensive than getting the 3 for 2 offer.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
+1 for clubhouse golf if you want new

Or golf clubs for sale/wanted UK Facebook page has a few decent sellers who sell found ones. I recently paid £23 for 20 A-Mint Chromesoft off there including postage

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I just love you guys - buying all these shiny new balls only to lose them and leaving them for me to find.

Probably haven't bought a new ball in 20 years ............. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks again suckers (y)

if you get down to Sunningdale sharpish you'll find a fair few of my golf balls dotted around the new course!