Buying clubs from the US?

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Has anyone done this and what should I expect in regard to VAT & Duty?

reason is I have seen a 3-sw set from the states for a good deal cheaper than here.

par_par_par_treble

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What is the set?

I’m sure you can shop around here and get a good price.

I got a Burner draw driver on Monday night for £169 from American Golf - RRP £219 just through being cheeky

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The tax etc is scary, and brings the prices to near UK money. I would avoid unless it's a steal.
Also, beware of fakes deing sold. Long way to try to return faulty goods.

Since I have seen X20s going for £250 ish, I would be wary of anything much cheaper.

Try somewhere like Snainton.

par_par_par_treble

Assistant Pro
Visit site
beware of clubs on ebay!

i wouldnt imagine them to be paying the duty and vat, so a nice little earner for them.

if you dont get what you pay for, you may be stuck too

i have a couple of mates with "pong" or "taylor mode" clubs

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
lol I have seen the clones from the US and by all accounts are just as good as the orginals since they are made with the same head, shaft and grip just put together under a different name. Its the ones with the brand names you have to watch.

I am totally stuck between buying Srixon I 601s or Cobra FPs the srixon are new and 4-sw and some Cobra 3-sw inc gw (I just bought a new Srixon W706 gw) which are second hand.

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am having difficulty in finding what I want in the UK. I have bought in the past from 3balls.com in the US, but the charges at this end are quite eye-watering. :(

T

thecraw

Parmo,

if you are buying from a golf store or company you have nothing to worry about.

You will get whacked with shipping tax and VAT which includes the shipping cost as well, eg $300 +$50 shipping our government tax you on the whole $350.

I have bought several clubs form Uncle Sam and the least I have saved has been £25 and the most £180.Always buy from a reputable(sp) company and you will have zero problems.

Craigy_Mac

Medal Winner
Visit site
Chances are you'll prob not get your figers burnt but if you need to warranty these clubs most uk stores wont except and you'll need send back to states.
Is it really worth saving a few bucks???