Buying a Driver

MKDave

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi

My Dad is in need of a new driver. He has been using a nice little £10 jobby from sport soccer and then he used a £35 powerbilt driver. The powerbilt has been nicked and the £10 Slammer has seen better days.

It's his birthday in a couple of week so all the family are having a whip round to get him a couple or three hundred quid to spend on a Driver and or woods. He's never been fitted for a driver and american golf 'assisted' him when buying his new irons.

I'd like to find out where would be a good place to go to find out what kind of driver would suit him best. I beleive there is huge importance in the specifics of the club, ie grip, shaft and set up of the club. Can anyone suggest where he goes? We are in Milton Keynes but will travel.

If it's possible for us to have him booked in for a fitting somewhere I'd like to get that organised. I've heard of Ping in Gainsborough but I think you have to be recommended by your club pro (which wouldn't be a problem) but I don't know if they just do Driver/Wood fittings?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There's The Belfry, which although costs £50 to book in, you get that back off the price of any clubs you order from them.

They really know their stuff, and aren't as dear as I expected them to be (910 was £250).