Bushnell Slope?

beau d.

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What is the R & A position regarding the use of the V2 and V3 slope and the standard V2 and V3 units in club and amateur competitions. I am in the market for a bushnell but don't want something I can't use in comps. Thanks in advance for any input.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The slope versions are definitely not legal for competition I'm afraid. I can't imagine anyone except tour caddies wanting them.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Don't forget toche k there is a Local Rule in place to allow DMD's..
Technically they're not legal but the R&A have allowed Local Rules to permit use..
Slope versions,though, are a definite No-No....

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
If you want to use it playing in a comp, you must discount the Slope ones.

Leupold makes one (their top of the range) that cant be used in comps (though is under appeal) even though the Slope feature can be visibly seen to not be in use (it uses a different colour lens surround). It's the presence of the feature in the device that makes it non-conforming - even if the feature is turned off. The authorities may trust us to call penalties on ourselves, but not to misuse technology!

beau d.

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys. Went with the std V3 from my Pro shop yesterday afternoon, seems a cracking tool. Got a little embarrassed mind in the process as when I returned home I had to give the pro a ring as all I had was a blank screen! After checking the battery etc off back to the club I went, Rich said straight away, you have been looking through the right end? God I could have scrawled under the carpet and died.......

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys. Went with the std V3 from my Pro shop yesterday afternoon, seems a cracking tool. Got a little embarrassed mind in the process as when I returned home I had to give the pro a ring as all I had was a blank screen! After checking the battery etc off back to the club I went, Rich said straight away, you have been looking through the right end? God I could have scrawled under the carpet and died.......

I've got one and it's an easy mistake to make ....................... well its not really you daft sod!:whistle: