Bunker policy during COVID19 crisis

IanMcC

Visit site
Can I ask how your club is dealing with no rakes on the course during this crisis? There are 3 choices.
1. Play them as the ball lies
2. 6" relief inside bunker
3. Bunkers out of play and free drop behind.
We have selected play as it lies (as suggested by the R&A and Wales Golf) but we are committed to reviewing this soon. You can imagine the flak we are taking from some members when they know that free relief options are available.
Which option is your club adopting, please?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i think ours is pick and place.

I'm suprised how many have tried to smooth over the sand, esp as with rakes quite a few just don't bother raking at all

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 23344

At my course it is play and rake with club or foot. I played another course last week where all bunkers were GUR.

Swango1980

Visit site
Can I ask how your club is dealing with no rakes on the course during this crisis? There are 3 choices.
1. Play them as the ball lies
2. 6" relief inside bunker
3. Bunkers out of play and free drop behind.
We have selected play as it lies (as suggested by the R&A and Wales Golf) but we are committed to reviewing this soon. You can imagine the flak we are taking from some members when they know that free relief options are available.
Which option is your club adopting, please?
Option 2 (although Option 1 is also "optional")

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well we've not had any competitions yet so not sure what the official ruling is. Obviously in the meantime it's been do what you want. We've just been playing it as it lies really - the bunkers at our place were never great anyway! Then smooth it over with foot or club in absence of a rake. I said last week though if any of us land in a footprint or something we should just move it onto a flat part of the sand, it's only fair when there's nothing riding on it anyway.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bunkers deemed as GUR - but relief not compulsory, so can play as it lies if so chosen.
(Personally I don't like playing short chips over bunkers, so will play it as it lies unless the NPOR happens to be to the side of the bunker)

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We are using the 6" relief inside the bunker, although we have a few which are GUR.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I would not want the free drop option.

Most of our bunkers have down slope running into them so the shot from these combined with very tight links lies makes for an almost impossible shot.

D

Deleted member 25172

Choose to play it as it lies or drop within 1 cl of the nearest point of complete relief not nearer the hole.