Buggy or alternative

Bermuda

Visit site
Has anyone bought a single seat buggy that actually does not look like an embarrassment, as an alternative I like the look of the golf board, any other decent options out there that are well built please??

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Grasshopper or Patterson are probably the best in the business but I am a function not form type of person.

If you are looking at the thing that looks like a skate board then you have to really seriously consider the terrain where you play and your own personal safety. I have had a enough near misses on a 4 wheel buggy with rabbit holes, half buried dead branches etc hole. I would not go near a 3 wheeler having seen some of the accidents where I play. If you have any sort of up or down terrain you really need to consider what happens when it is wet.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Were you thinking of buying one for fun or to get you round with some sort of disability. They had one on you tube golf mates the other day which was a scooter with small but very fat tyres and your clubs on the back. Looked good fun. I keep thinking what I’m going to do in the future as my lungs don’t work properly any more but haven’t come to any conclusion yet. Hiring a buggy puts £20 on every game and having your own not sure I’ve got the breath to lift it in and out of a car.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Were you thinking of buying one for fun or to get you round with some sort of disability. They had one on you tube golf mates the other day which was a scooter with small but very fat tyres and your clubs on the back. Looked good fun. I keep thinking what I’m going to do in the future as my lungs don’t work properly any more but haven’t come to any conclusion yet. Hiring a buggy puts £20 on every game and having your own not sure I’ve got the breath to lift it in and out of a car.

80 year old friend of mine had trouble walking because of his knees, he didn’t want to stop playing so he got a small trailer just big enough to fit his buggy, he has no trouble getting it on and off.

Made a big difference for him as he could still go out and not only play but socialize as well.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
80 year old friend of mine had trouble walking because of his knees, he didn’t want to stop playing so he got a small trailer just big enough to fit his buggy, he has no trouble getting it on and off.

Made a big difference for him as he could still go out and not only play but socialize as well.
A couple of fellas at our club do this. It's quite hilly so it's the only way they can get around.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
one of the clubs here has a few golf boards and I've tried it round the car park but not hired it out for the course yet, I think after a couple of holes to get used to it it'd be a lot of fun. I didn't try lifting it for weight though but it was stable, easier to use than a segway (which themselves are a doddle after 5 minutes experience)

(not me)
golfboard.jpg

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The issue with the 3 wheeled ones is idiots driving them like some kind of rally car. My 80 year old Dad had one for years, with no issues, but then he didn't drive it like a looney, and really only ever went at walking pace.
Even the 4 wheeled ones can be crashed when driven by an idiot. One of my friends crashed one last week. He drove it at full tilt into the buggy shed, straight into the back of a parked buggy. It took two people to free it up from under the back end of what he hit, and he has smashed the front of it to bits.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I hate buggies at the best of times unless someone has a medical condition or you are playing abroad in the sun or a course with huge walks from green to tee so definitely not a fan of any of the gizmos shown above.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
There will be some golf bikes coming out soon. My brother has ordered a couple to try out before considering selling them. Battery powered and cover around 50km between charges.
Along the lines of this but has a bag frame on the rear that doubles as a permanent kick stand.
I want to try it out for a bit of fun but couldn't see me using one over a trolley and walking. I do see a market for it for those that can't make it round 18 or warmer climates.

shopping

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
one of the clubs here has a few golf boards and I've tried it round the car park but not hired it out for the course yet, I think after a couple of holes to get used to it it'd be a lot of fun. I didn't try lifting it for weight though but it was stable, easier to use than a segway (which themselves are a doddle after 5 minutes experience)

(not me)
View attachment 31658

Had a go on one of those at Heritage GC. Took a little while to get comfortable but after a few holes it was great fun and we were whizzing round. Loved it.