Bucket holes?

D

Deleted member 15344

The handicap proposals, which thankfully were rejected by a majority of clubs, were to increase mens competition h/c to a max of 36, and ladies to 54.

Umm the increase of the HC to 36 and 54 is still there and is a "club " handicap only and has actually after the initial barrier against it has been taken up by many clubs and mainly aimed towards the golfers on the way down. Soon it will be a competitive HC up to 36

didsbury_duffer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I know, which is why I called it a 'competiton' handicap and not a 'club' handicap. They tried to bring it in as a competition handicap amendment, but had to settle for just club handicap amendment due to protests from clubs. I am fully aware that quite a few clubs have taken up the club handicap amendment.

D

Deleted member 15344

I know, which is why I called it a 'competiton' handicap and not a 'club' handicap. They tried to bring it in as a competition handicap amendment, but had to settle for just club handicap amendment due to protests from clubs. I am fully aware that quite a few clubs have taken up the club handicap amendment.

Did they ? Sat in a number of Congu briefs and every time they said it would be coming in as a club HC first

didsbury_duffer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think you are right in saying that it won't be long before they bring it in as a comp handicap amendment. Don't agree with it though. Probably very unlikely, but you could get a scenario where a bloke off 36 and a lady off 54 enter an Open Betterball comp and get 81 shots !!

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
We have standard size holes for temps but with a three foot circle around them. If you get it in the circle then the putt/chip is conceded. Amazing how often you just run through or leave short of the circle.