Bubba Stops Using Volvik

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I see that Bubba has gone back to using Pro V1 as his ball of choice. I wonder if Volvik dumped him or if he dumped them as the multi year deal was ended early. It definitely didn’t seem to be good for his game as he was well down the rankings this last year.

Think he even has to buy his own Titleists until he gets a ball deal.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Would he really have to buy his own balls? Serious question as I don't know how it works. Do they all have ball deals or do some have the freedom of choice without a contract

On tour they can choose if they want and they will be given a boat load of whatever they want for free

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's not been a productive relationship has it.....
He's plummeted down the rankings the year.
Because of the ball or not - still not good for Volvik, made worse with his play today with the ProV....

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would he really have to buy his own balls? Serious question as I don't know how it works. Do they all have ball deals or do some have the freedom of choice without a contract

The report I read on the golf channel said that he didn’t have a ball deal at the moment. I’m sure that if he comes back on form using Titleist balls they will give him a shed load for free.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've always assumed that if one of the top pro golfers decided he wanted to use a particular ball then he would simply get someone to phone them up and a lorry load of the desired ball would be delivered free of charge for them to use. As opposed to someone with a "ball deal" getting a lorry load of desired ball delivered and also being paid to play them.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I've always assumed that if one of the top pro golfers decided he wanted to use a particular ball then he would simply get someone to phone them up and a lorry load of the desired ball would be delivered free of charge for them to use. As opposed to someone with a "ball deal" getting a lorry load of desired ball delivered and also being paid to play them.

One word for that my friend.....Naive.

D

Deleted Member 1156

One word for that my friend.....Naive.

Actually he is not far off the mark. My friend got through to final qualifying for the British ladies open as an amateur and she contacted the company whose clubs she uses (bought and paid for herself) and asked if they could provide any help. They sent her 2 tour bags, a load of balls, caps, ball markers etc. If they do that for an amateur then they probably chuck stuff at pros.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Actually he is not far off the mark. My friend got through to final qualifying for the British ladies open as an amateur and she contacted the company whose clubs she uses (bought and paid for herself) and asked if they could provide any help. They sent her 2 tour bags, a load of balls, caps, ball markers etc. If they do that for an amateur then they probably chuck stuff at pros.

Top pros get paid for using a certain ball.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Bubba is a knob,doesn’t matter what ball he uses he’ll still be a knob.

Basing that on what?

A man who has chosen to adopt children and give them an amazing quality of life, a man who does loads and loads of charity work, a man who has faith in God. A man who has invested millions into his own community. Yet all you can do is class him as a "knob".

Couldn't be further from the truth. He is an absolute gentleman.

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Basing that on what?

A man who has chosen to adopt children and give them an amazing quality of life, a man who does loads and loads of charity work, a man who has faith in God. A man who has invested millions into his own community. Yet all you do do is class him as a "knob".

Not sure how that makes him any better than others tbh?

agree he has done a lot of nice things. I’m in the camp that on the course he can be a bit of a berk though. Stropping regularly, treats caddies poorly.

I can see reasons not to not like him (as a golfer).

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Basing that on what?

A man who has chosen to adopt children and give them an amazing quality of life, a man who does loads and loads of charity work, a man who has faith in God. A man who has invested millions into his own community. Yet all you can do is class him as a "knob".

Nope I’m spot on,he’s a knob 👍🏻

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Not sure how that makes him any better than others tbh?

agree he has done a lot of nice things. I’m in the camp that on the course he can be a bit of a berk though. Stropping regularly, treats caddies poorly.

I can see reasons not to not like him (as a golfer).

I never said he was better than others , just pointing out what a poor thing to say about someone who clearly does so much good work and offers so much back to so many. Easy to knock someone for being 'different" on the golf course.

I'm not a huge Tiger Woods fan, his tantrums and spitting, personal life etc but I wouldn't class him as a knob as I appreciate his huge talent and ability, I appreciate his charity work and what he has done for the game.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I never said he was better than others , just pointing out what a poor thing to say about someone who clearly does so much good work and offers so much back to so many. Easy to knock someone for being 'different" on the golf course.

I'm not a huge Tiger Woods fan, his tantrums and spitting, personal life etc but I wouldn't class him as a knob as I appreciate his huge talent and ability, I appreciate his charity work and what he has done for the game.
Think papas was asking what his faith in god as anything to do with it.
How does that make someone a good person?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

I think when it comes to sports stars, people will have favourites and those they dislike.
Those opinions won't be based on their off field actions.

The things i mentioned about him, don't make him different. They make him unlikable (to some).

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I think when it comes to sports stars, people will have favourites and those they dislike.
Those opinions won't be based on their off field actions.

The things i mentioned about him, don't make him different. They make him unlikable (to some).

Dislikes are fine, uneducated views like "knob" are far from the mark.